Property Patter: What can the property world expect from Parliament and the courts in 2023?
Emma Humphreys and Laura Bushaway are joined by Guy Fetherstonhaugh KC and Taylor Briggs of Falcon Chambers to look at what lies ahead for property law during 2023 – including decisions on service charges, the implications of the Building Safety Act 2022 and changes to the Electronic Communications Code. We also debate whether the government should stay away from property law and discuss the types of dispute we expect to see crossing our desks this year…
The cases and new legislation referred to in this episode of Property Patter are:
- Sara & Hossein Asset Holdings v. Blacks Outdoor Retail  UKSC 2 – read our blog here
- 89 Holland Park v. Dell  UKUT 169
- Cornerstone Telecommunications Infrastructure Limited v. Compton Beauchamp Estates Ltd; Cornerstone Telecommunications Infrastructure Ltd v. Ashloch Ltd and AP Wireless II (UK) Ltd; On Tower UK Ltd v. AP Wireless II (UK) Ltd  UKSC 18
- Building Safety Act 2022
- Leasehold Reform (Ground Rent) Act 2022
- Levelling Up and Regeneration Bill 2022/2023
- Product Security and Telecommunications Infrastructure Act 2022 (amending the Electronic Communications Code and the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954)
- Energy Efficiency (Private Rented Property) (England and Wales) Regulations 2015
You can also find our podcasts on Podbean, Apple Podcasts and Spotify.