Property Patter: What can the property world expect from Parliament and the courts in 2022?
In our first episode of Property Patter for 2022, Emma Humphreys and Laura Bushaway are joined by Guy Fetherstonhaugh QC and Michael Ranson of Falcon Chambers to look at what’s ahead in the world of property law during this year – including Parliament’s plans for addressing outstanding covid arrears, expert evidence in pandemic lease renewals and some thorny issues to be examined when it comes to residential service charges. We also consider how cases on the Electronic Communications Code are evolving and whether the upcoming Supreme Court appeals might lead to less litigation going forward.
- Bank of New York Mellon (International) Ltd v. Cine-UK Ltd  EWHC 1013 – Appeal to the Court of Appeal in February 2022
- London Trocadero (2015) LLP v. Picturehouse Cinemas Ltd  EWHC 3103 – Appeal to the Court of Appeal in February 2022
- Saville-Edells and Saville-Edells v. Jain (Unreported, County Court at Central London sitting in the FTT, 15 December 2021)
- Pollock v. St Joseph’s Gate Management Company – to be heard by the FTT during 2022
- Aviva Investors Ground Rent GP Ltd v. Williams  EWCA Civ 27
- Alberti v. Cadogan Holdings Limited  UKUT 85 – Appeal to the Court of Appeal in February 2022
- Cornerstone Telecommunications Infrastructure Ltd v. Compton Beauchamp Estates Ltd  EWCA Civ 1755 – Cojoined appeal to the Supreme Court in February 2022
- Cornerstone Telecommunications Infrastructure Ltd v. Ashloch Ltd & Anr  EWCA Civ 90 - Cojoined appeal to the Supreme Court in February 2022
- Arqiva Services Ltd v. AP Wireless II (UK) Ltd  UKUT 195 - Cojoined appeal to the Supreme Court in February 2022
- See The government’s Commercial Rent (Coronavirus) Bill and revised Code of Practice for details of the Commercial Rent (Coronavirus) Bill
- Property Patter Podcast: top tips and traps for expert evidence
You can also find our podcasts on Podbean, Apple Podcasts and Spotify.