Property Patter: What can the property world expect from Parliament and the courts in 2021?
In our first episode of Property Patter for 2021, Emma Humphreys and Laura Bushaway are joined by Guy Fetherstonhaugh QC and Toby Boncey of Falcon Chambers to look at what’s ahead in the world of property law during this year – including Parliament’s plans and coronavirus cases ranging from tenants challenging arrears claims to hotly contested disputes over the terms of renewal leases under the 1954 Act. There are also plenty of “business as usual” property disputes for discussion – including consideration of the clarity we might get on the Electronic Communications Code this year and the differing court views when it comes to parties’ conduct and injunctions.
- Canary Wharf (BP4) T1 Limited v. European Medicines Agency  EWHC 921
- Li Ching Wing v. Xuan Yi Xiong  HKDC 54
- Property Patter Podcast: commercial and residential tenancy arrears - where are we now? - 28 October 2020
- Property Patter Podcast: what now for business tenancy renewals under the 1954 Act? - 9 October 2020
- Need to Know: Dealing with 2020's December Quarter Day
- Emma Humphreys and Georgina Redsell write for Estates Gazette on lease renewals during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Cornerstone Telecommunications Infrastructure Limited v. University of the Arts London  UKUT 248
- Arqiva Services Limited v. AP Wireless II (UK) Limited  UKUT 195
- Alexander Devine Children’s Cancer Trust v. Housing Solutions Limited  UKSC 45
- On Tower UK Limited v. JH and FW Green Limited  UKUT 0348
- Cornerstone Telecommunications Infrastructure Limited v. Compton Beauchamp Estates Limited  EWCA Civ 1755
- Cornerstone Telecommunications Infrastructure Limited v. Ashloch Limited and Another  UKUT 338
- Coventry v. Lawrence  UKSC 50
Charity Training: Digital Transformation in the Charity Sector
We would be delighted if you could join us for the second session in our new series of bite-size webinars for charities.
Charity Training: Brand Protection
We would be delighted if you could join us for the first in our new series of bite-size webinars for charities.
The UK’s New Skilled Worker & Intra-Company Visa Routes: a closer look
Taking a closer look at the UK’s new visas to assist UK businesses.
Practicalities in Cladding Claims
Insight into Issues with Cladding Claims
EWS1 Forms - the latest episode
RICS have now published their highly anticipated guidance on when EWS1 forms will be required.
Q&A: Am I insured for COVID-19?
Laura Bushaway writes for Estates Gazette on a recent claim under the “disease clause” of business interruption policy.
The Purpose Podcast: Corporate purpose
Simon Ridpath discusses corporate purpose and the rise of environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues in “The Purpose Podcast”
Snail farms and other slow moving business (rates mitigation schemes)
Client alert: Construction under competition law spotlight
We outline the three investigations which have either recently concluded or are ongoing together with what this means for businesses.
New permitted development right to convert unused commercial premises into homes to come into force
Looking beyond the benefitted land: confirmation that an objector’s wider property may be considered in applications to discharge/modify restrictive covenants
Read our recent case study on applicants who were prevented from developing a new house due to a restrictive covenant covering their land.
Further extension of coronavirus restrictions affecting residential properties: Where are we now?
The extension will be implemented from and including 31 March 2021 by the Coronavirus Act 2020.
Knight Frank Wealth Report: The Global Perspective on Prime Property & Investment
Knight Frank partners joined Charles Russell Speechlys for a virtual panel-led discussion on the Knight Frank Wealth Report
Case Study: One Blackfriars Limited
An informative and positive judgment for administrators selling high-value property in distressed and complex scenarios.
Keeping Up With Construction: Handover at Practical Completion - Practical Pointers
Practical tips for the handover of a successful project.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises on Trident Royalties’ US$28m Placing
Trident Royalties plc is a growth-focused mining royalty and streaming company.
Temporary restrictions on winding-up petitions extended until 30 June 2021
As the restrictions are extended, read what it means for you here.
Commercial rent arrears: what are the latest restrictions on landlords’ remedies this quarter day?
What you need to know for this Quarter Day.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Avation plc on £7.5m secondary placing
Headquartered in Singapore, Avation plc manages a fleet of aircraft which it leases to airlines across the world.
To Promote or not to Promote, that is the Option: Top 10 Tips with Promotion Agreements
Providing you with the top ten tips with promotion agreements - what should you know?