Charles Russell Speechlys signs up to The Valuable 500
Charles Russell Speechlys is delighted to announce that we have signed up to The Valuable 500, a global movement putting disability inclusion on the global business leadership agenda.
Disability inclusion is an area where the commitment and drive for change has not been as high as other areas of inclusion, yet we know:
- 15% of people live with some form of disability
- 80% of disabilities are acquired between the ages of 18 and 64
- 80% of disabilities are not visible
Diversity and inclusion is important to the firm and this not only impacts our staff, but our clients too. In signing up to The Valuable 500, we have committed to ensuring disability inclusion is a regular item on the leadership agenda and to undertake at least one action in the next year to support disability inclusion.
We will be reviewing how we can make our workplace and client experience more inclusive and accessible to those living with a disability. Examples of these actions include:
- Identifying further training and ways to raise awareness regarding disability inclusion; to ensure we provide the best possible support to our employees, and potential employees, to allow them reach their full potential.
- Further review of our website accessibility to ensure we continue to offer, and develop, the best possible experience for all
- A building review to ensure our building is accessible, inclusive and welcoming.
Christopher Page, Senior Partner said: “Charles Russell Speechlys is very proud to be a signatory to The Valuable 500. There is undoubtedly more that can be done to open up the world of work and customer/client experience to ensure it is more inclusive and more accessible to those living with a disability. We are committed to help achieve that; reviewing how we attract and support a diverse workforce to reach their full potential, considering how we can best support all of our clients and ensuring disability inclusion remains on the leadership agenda."
News & Insights
Charles Russell Speechlys advises the founder of Global Technical Realty on USD$1bn investment by KKR
We advised the founder and CEO of GTR, and his management team on an initial USD$1bn investment by a global investment firm.
Does overlooking constitute a nuisance?
Megan Davies has written for the Estates Gazette Legal Q&A on the law of nuisance.