Helping business owners prepare for exit
If you are looking to sell your business it is important to start work preparing the business for sale a significant period ahead of the proposed exit.
In this video, we cover the following key areas which need to be addressed ahead of and during a sale:
- What are your key priorities when thinking about a business sale – what should be the first things to address in preparation for a sale
- How to choose the right buyer and the importance of competitive tension
- How to choose the right advisers to support you through the process
- Efficient processes to adopt to help keep management distraction to a minimum
- Tips to avoid post sale disputes
Charles Russell Speechlys is one of only a handful of major international law firms which combine a leading private wealth practice with a significant business law capacity - we advise private equity and venture capital investors, HNW investors, founders and investee companies across the entire life cycle of investment, from start-up/seed fundraisings, through the various rounds of investment to exit.
As a result of our long experience in this area, we understand business owners’ unique requirements when selling a business.
This article was first published in Business Reporter. View the original here.
News & Insights
Public Company update - November 2018
Welcome to the November edition of our biannual Public Company Update.
Governance within FCA regulated firms
We highlight the impact that the FCA’s approach to culture and governance has in our work on governance with our regulated clients
Entrepreneurs’ relief: Relief for gains arising before a dilution event
Helen Coward picks out key highlights from the draft legislation for the 18/19 Finance Bill on changes to Entrepreneurs’ Relief