Focus Antitrust - 24 May 2017
In The News
CMA issues statement of objections to Merck Sharp & Dohme in relation to discounts
The statement of objections sets out the CMA's provisional decision that MSD abused a dominant position by operating an anti-competitive discount scheme for its medicine Remicade. Click here.
European Commission fines Facebook €110 million for providing misleading information about WhatsApp takeover
The European Commission has fined Facebook €110 million for providing incorrect or misleading information during the Commission's 2014 investigation under the EU Merger Regulation of Facebook's acquisition of WhatsApp. Click here.
European Commission alleges Altice breached EU merger regulation by early implementation of PT Portugal acquisition
The European Commission has sent a statement of objections alleging that Altice breached the EU Merger Regulation by implementing its acquisition of telecommunications operator PT Portugal before notification or approval by the Commission. Click here.
Articles 101 and 102
- An Advocate General's opinion has recommended that appeals by LG Electronics and Philips against General Court judgments on the cathode ray tubes cartel be dismissed. Click here.
- The General Court has dismissed an appeal by Agria Polska and others against the rejection of a complaint by the European Commission in relation to parallel imports of plant protection products. Click here.
- The CMA has decided that it will refer Solera's acquisition of Autodata for a phase 2 merger investigation, unless undertakings are offered. The CMA is concerned that the merger could significantly reduce competition in the supply of vehicle maintenance and repair information platforms on a national basis. Click here.
- The CMA has referred Just Eat's acquisition of Hungryhouse for a phase 2 merger investigation, following the parties' decision not to offer undertakings in lieu of a reference. Click here.
- The CMA has referred Euro Car Parts' acquisition of car parts supplier Andrew Page for a phase 2 merger investigation, following the parties' decision not to offer undertakings in lieu of a reference. Click here.
This article was written by Paul Stone.
For more information, please contact Paul on +44 (0)20 7203 5110 or at email@example.com.
News & Insights
Charles Russell Speechlys advises 1Spatial plc on strategic acquisition of GEOMAP-IMAGIS and partnership with Esri
1Spatial plc is a leading provider of global geospatial software and solutions.
Whytes Bikes are triumphant in a copyright infringement claim concerning their stag logo
A recent case concerning copyright infringement provides a useful reminder of how witness evidence can make or break a case.