IBA Annual Conference 2019
The International Bar Association (IBA) heads to Seoul for its 2019 annual conference bringing together thousands of lawyers from around the world.
We will once again be at the event with a number of our partners speaking at the conference, participating in committee business and meeting with our international friends.
At the conference
Our partners are speaking on panels as part of the conference programme:
- Patrick Gearon is speaking on the panel 'Is it true that enforcing an international arbitration award under the New York Convention is easier than to enforce a judgment?' on Tuesday 24 September, 11:15 - 12:30.
- Mark Summers is speaking on the panel ‘Startup speed dating: tax and legal planning for the entrepreneur/founder’ on Wednesday 25 September, 9:30 – 10:45.
- Robert Birchall is the UK ‘national reporter’ for the Taxes Committee ‘Roundtable discussion of global trends’ on Wednesday 25 September, 14:30 – 17:30.
- Patrick Gearon is speaking on the panel 'Hot topics in international arbitration', 9:30 - 10:45.
- Jeffrey Lee is speaking on the panel ‘Private trust companies: private, personal and protected - bespoke structuring for family succession in an uncertain world’ on Thursday 26 September, 11:15 – 12:30.
We are also proud sponsors of the Private Client Tax Committee networking social event.
Meet our team
In addition to our participation at the conference itself, partners from our corporate, litigation, tax, private client and family teams will be in Seoul representing our UK and global offices:
For more information and to arrange a meeting contact Michael Lingens.
News & Insights
A decade later…the protocol of amendment to the double taxation agreement between Switzerland and the United States is finally entering into force
The protocol of amendment to the double taxation agreement between Switzerland and the United States is finally entering into force.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Liberum Capital on the move of Oakley Capital Investments Ltd from AIM to the Specialist Fund Segment of the LSE Main Market
Charles Russell Speechlys advised Liberum Capital - financial advisor, corporate broker to OCI - on moving from AIM to LSE’s Main Market.
Chambers International Arbitration 2019 Second Edition - Bahrain
Our Bahrain Litigation and Arbitration Team has been selected as the Bahrain contributor to the Global Practice Guide.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Duke Royalty Limited (AIM: DUKE) on £30 Million Debt Facility from Honeycomb Investment Trust PLC
Charles Russell Speechlys advised Duke Royalty Limited on a new £30m revolving credit facility agreement.