IBA Annual Conference 2019
The International Bar Association (IBA) heads to Seoul for its 2019 annual conference bringing together thousands of lawyers from around the world.
We will once again be at the event with a number of our partners speaking at the conference, participating in committee business and meeting with our international friends.
At the conference
Our partners are speaking on panels as part of the conference programme:
- Patrick Gearon is speaking on the panel 'Is it true that enforcing an international arbitration award under the New York Convention is easier than to enforce a judgment?' on Tuesday 24 September, 11:15 - 12:30.
- Mark Summers is speaking on the panel ‘Startup speed dating: tax and legal planning for the entrepreneur/founder’ on Wednesday 25 September, 9:30 – 10:45.
- Robert Birchall is the UK ‘national reporter’ for the Taxes Committee ‘Roundtable discussion of global trends’ on Wednesday 25 September, 14:30 – 17:30.
- Patrick Gearon is speaking on the panel 'Hot topics in international arbitration', 9:30 - 10:45.
- Jeffrey Lee is speaking on the panel ‘Private trust companies: private, personal and protected - bespoke structuring for family succession in an uncertain world’ on Thursday 26 September, 11:15 – 12:30.
We are also proud sponsors of the Private Client Tax Committee networking social event.
Meet our team
In addition to our participation at the conference itself, partners from our corporate, litigation, tax, private client and family teams will be in Seoul representing our UK and global offices:
For more information and to arrange a meeting contact Michael Lingens.
News & Insights
A New Era for Trustees in Switzerland
Charles Russell Speechlys achieves settlement for clients from News Group Newspapers
The settlement of privacy claims for unlawful voicemail interception on behalf of three of our clients have now been confirmed.