Bad AGMs (and how to avoid them)
Annual General Meetings mostly pass without incident, but what if you are managing a data breach (or other crisis), an activist shareholder, or an unexpected proposal?
Charles Russell Speechlys, together with the Quoted Companies Alliance and ICSA*, invite you to an evening of essential tips to help avoid those difficult AGMs that no one wants to experience. The event will be based around a mock AGM role play, aimed to provide practical guidance for issues should they arise as you prepare for the 2018 ‘AGM Season’.
Learn about the planning and preparation for your AGM, hear some disaster stories and discover how best to avoid them happening to you. From a data breach that spills over into the AGM, to how to manage attendees and the responsibilities of the Chairman; all these and more will be covered in an informative yet entertaining way. Our expert panel will endeavour to prepare you for (almost) every eventuality.
Our panel will include:
- Michael Higgins (Director, Quoted Companies Alliance)
- Tim Ward (Chief Executive, Quoted Companies Alliance)
- Peter Swabey (Policy & Research Director, ICSA)
- George Dallas (Policy Director, ICGN)
- Harry Chathli (Director and Owner, Luther Pendragon)
- David Hicks (Corporate, Charles Russell Speechlys LLP)
- John Sykes (Litigation & Dispute Resolution, Charles Russell Speechlys LLP)
- Jonny McDonald (Data Protection & Privacy, Charles Russell Speechlys LLP)
Date / Time: 24 January 2018 / 17:00 - 21:00
To register your interest, please contact our Events Team.
News & Insights
Tax News - Luxembourg - October 2019
Release of 2020 budget draft law – Tax rulings issued before 2015 will not be valid anymore.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises discoverIE Group plc on its acquisition of Sens-Tech Limited
Charles Russell Speechlys advised long standing client, discoverIE on its acquisition of Xi-Tech Ltd and its subsidiary Sens-Tech Ltd.