Bad AGMs (and how to avoid them)
Annual General Meetings mostly pass without incident, but what if you are managing a data breach (or other crisis), an activist shareholder, or an unexpected proposal?
Charles Russell Speechlys, together with the Quoted Companies Alliance and ICSA*, invite you to an evening of essential tips to help avoid those difficult AGMs that no one wants to experience. The event will be based around a mock AGM role play, aimed to provide practical guidance for issues should they arise as you prepare for the 2018 ‘AGM Season’.
Learn about the planning and preparation for your AGM, hear some disaster stories and discover how best to avoid them happening to you. From a data breach that spills over into the AGM, to how to manage attendees and the responsibilities of the Chairman; all these and more will be covered in an informative yet entertaining way. Our expert panel will endeavour to prepare you for (almost) every eventuality.
Our panel will include:
- Michael Higgins (Director, Quoted Companies Alliance)
- Tim Ward (Chief Executive, Quoted Companies Alliance)
- Peter Swabey (Policy & Research Director, ICSA)
- George Dallas (Policy Director, ICGN)
- Harry Chathli (Director and Owner, Luther Pendragon)
- David Hicks (Corporate, Charles Russell Speechlys LLP)
- John Sykes (Litigation & Dispute Resolution, Charles Russell Speechlys LLP)
- Jonny McDonald (Data Protection & Privacy, Charles Russell Speechlys LLP)
Date / Time: 24 January 2018 / 17:00 - 21:00
To register your interest, please contact our Events Team.
News & Insights
Charles Russell Speechlys advises AgDevCo on investment into Rwandan maize producer and on Ugandan joint venture
AgDevCo is a social impact investor and project developer operating exclusively in the agriculture sector in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Transparency as a rule
It is time to register in the Luxembourg Register of Effective Beneficiaries.