Reimagining a sustainable future for construction
We are pleased to announce the details of the latest construction sector panel discussion in our “Reimagining Construction” series. Our expert panel will be examining what sustainability should mean for the construction sector going forwards. They will debate:
- The future of the sustainability agenda in the industry – who leads and how?
- The potential impact of technology on sustainable construction
- How to best incentivise sustainable development / construction in the private sector
Our panel will include:
- Sir Jonathon Porritt, CBE – Britain’s leading environmentalist and writer, who has been described as "Britain’s most influential green thinker".
- Terri Wills – CEO of the World Green Building Council.
- Mathewe Bennett – from UK main contractor Willmott Dixon
The panel will be chaired by our partner David Savage, Head of the Construction & Infrastructure.
Date / Time: 7 November 2017 / 08:00-10:00
News & Insights
Stay’in alive – Court accepts manifest injustice in granting stay
During the COVID-19 pandemic the construction industry works on tight margins and the risk of insolvency for contractors is high.
Modular construction: addressing deposit payments in building contracts
In this article we consider one such issue concerning payment protection for the employer.