With the GDPR in force, companies need to be prepared to manage crisis events involving personal data.
Failing to prepare for or respond to a crisis can cause lasting reputational damage and expose the business to significantly increased fines (4% of worldwide turnover or €20 million).
How can we help?
Our team of data protection, reputation and crisis management experts can help your business when it is in crisis:
- We can work with you to react to and contain a data breach whilst remaining GDPR compliant.
- Data controllers have 72 hours to notify the Information Commissions Office of certain types of data breaches. We can help you assess whether any breach is notifiable and provide advice to you in your dealing with the ICO.
- We can help you respond to any regulatory or enforcement action taken or damages claims brought against you as a result of alleged breaches of your obligations under the GDPR.
- Reputational damage is an even greater concern for business under the new GDPR regime. In all aspects of our GDPR crisis management work we engage with our reputation management specialists to best protect your business.
- We can assist you responding to data subjects rights requests (including, right of access, rectification, erasure and portability)
For further information about the GDPR and what we can do to assist you, please contact Claire Greaney.
News & Insights
Pharmacy Brief - September 2020
The September edition of our Pharmacy Brief
Focus Antitrust - 16 September 2020
The latest edition of our regular Focus Antitrust update.