With the GDPR in force, companies need to be prepared to manage crisis events involving personal data.
Failing to prepare for or respond to a crisis can cause lasting reputational damage and expose the business to significantly increased fines (4% of worldwide turnover or €20 million).
How can we help?
Our team of data protection, reputation and crisis management experts can help your business when it is in crisis:
- We can work with you to react to and contain a data breach whilst remaining GDPR compliant.
- Data controllers have 72 hours to notify the Information Commissions Office of certain types of data breaches. We can help you assess whether any breach is notifiable and provide advice to you in your dealing with the ICO.
- We can help you respond to any regulatory or enforcement action taken or damages claims brought against you as a result of alleged breaches of your obligations under the GDPR.
- Reputational damage is an even greater concern for business under the new GDPR regime. In all aspects of our GDPR crisis management work we engage with our reputation management specialists to best protect your business.
- We can assist you responding to data subjects rights requests (including, right of access, rectification, erasure and portability)
For further information about the GDPR and what we can do to assist you, please contact Claire Greaney.
News & Insights
Thumbs up – A company that embeds the Like button on its website can be considered a data controller jointly with Facebook
Companies that embed the Facebook “Like” button within their website pages can be considered as a joint data controller.
Regulation of property agents: government shake up on the horizon
A recent report could lead to fundamental changes in the standards required of both estate agents and property managing agents.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Telecommunications Regulatory Authority of Bahrain on the formation of BNet BSC
The culmination of a ground-breaking three year project which will transform the telecommunications landscape of the Kingdom of Bahrain.