On 25 May 2018, the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will enter into force in the UK
The new GDPR will overhaul the existing data protection regime and replace the Data Protection Act 1998. This is happening irrespective of Brexit.
Whilst the fundamental principles of data protection law remain the same, the changes ushered in by the GDPR are far-reaching nonetheless. There is no transition period and businesses should use the time between now and 25 May 2018 to ensure they are ready.
How we can help
We offer a comprehensive solution for businesses who are affected by the new General Data Protection Regulation, which includes:
- conducting an initial scoping exercise
- analysing jurisdiction and the extra-territorial applicability of the GDPR to the organisation
- assisting with internally led and externally led data audits and data-mapping exercises (where appropriate, in partnership with our selected technology consultancy partner)
- providing compliance reports and assisting with compliance programmes
- advice and support in the implementation of GDPR compliance measures, including in relation to policies, procedures and contractual measures providing bespoke training programmes.
We have partnered with specialist consultants, such as IT Lab, to assist businesses with a GDPR audit to support their implementation plan. We would be delighted to share more information with you about this and about how we can help with other GDPR compliance work streams.