China is the world’s second largest economy and Hong Kong is the most important international financial centre after New York and London.
Many of the world’s leading creators and owners of private wealth are from the region.
Whether your interests are local or international, our integrated team can work alongside you to preserve your wealth, develop your business interests and operations and assist you should any disputes arise.
We work with a diverse range of clients from large public and privately-held businesses to wealthy individuals, family offices and wealth managers in the region and across the world. Our key focus is to ensure we deliver practical solutions to achieve your personal and business objectives.
Our team in Hong Kong can assist you with:
- Private wealth advice on your international assets covering wealth structuring and the establishment and administration of asset holding structures; estate and succession planning including preparation of Wills; trust establishment and administration; probate and estate administration; charitable trusts and philanthropy; global tax planning; investing in residential property and other assets; divorce, custody and financial claims.
- Advice and representation in litigation and/or arbitration involving complex, high value, multi-jurisdictional corporate, commercial, family and trust disputes, and civil fraud cases; tracing, preservation and recovery of assets, including urgent applications for interim relief; enforcement of debt, security, judgments and awards; and contentious and non-contentious restructuring and insolvency matters.
If you are based in the region we are able to advise you within your time zone, in English, Putonghua and/or Cantonese.
Each of our offices provides a gateway to the whole firm connecting you with the best advisers and serving your needs from our 11 offices across the world. We regularly advise clients from the region on investments, real estate transactions and M&A into the UK and Europe.
When disputes arise, individuals and businesses need to ensure they are resolved swiftly and as effectively as possible.
Whether you are a private individual, family business, private wealth professional or a larger corporate, we will deliver bespoke commercial, pragmatic and strategic advice tailored to your business needs and objectives.
Our Hong Kong practice is part of Charles Russell Speechlys 150+ strong litigation team which acts for multinational corporations, major companies, governments, regulatory bodies and high net worth individuals in resolving complex, high-value commercial disputes. This means our practice has a broad platform to handle major cross-border disputes.
We can assist you with:
- Complex, high value, multi-jurisdictional corporate, commercial, family and trust disputes, and civil fraud cases
- Tracing, preservation and recovery of assets, including urgent applications for interim relief
- Enforcement of debt, security, judgments and awards
- Contentious and non-contentious restructuring and insolvency matters
- Divorce, custody and financial claims
- Inheritance-related claims
- Pre/post nuptial agreements
- Professional negligence claims
- Regulatory and investigation matters
- Shareholders’ and investors’ disputes
- Commercial dispute resolution
- International arbitration
Individuals and the business they own are looking to grow, preserve and distribute their wealth through the generations during their lifetime and after their death.
Whether you’re an individual or family, a business owner, a family office, private bank or trust company, our first priority will be understanding your long-term objectives. Wealth preservation is often a key focus and we will go beyond considering pure tax and estate planning issues.
Our team has extensive experience in dealing with high net worth individuals who have international interests and assets in multiple jurisdictions.
We can advise you on the following:
- Wealth structuring
- Estate and succession planning, and wills
- Charitable trusts and philanthropy
- Personal tax
- Private property
Charles Russell Speechlys LLP’s branch office in Hong Kong is a limited liability partnership established under the Hong Kong Legal Practitioners Ordinance with the name Charles Russell Speechlys LLP. The partners of the firm are Patrick Chan (resident in Hong Kong) and Victoria Younghusband (non-resident).
For more information please contact Tom Shaw.
News & Insights
Charles Russell Speechlys launches as Hong Kong firm and welcomes litigator Ray Ng
Charles Russell Speechlys is launching as a Hong Kong law firm today and welcoming experienced litigator Ray Ng to the team.
Charles Russell Speechlys continues international expansion with the hire of four new partners
We are delighted to announce the hire of four new partners across four of our offices.
Charles Russell Speechlys launches new Hong Kong firm
On 1 December 2020, the firm will cease to be a Foreign Registered Law Firm in Hong Kong and will become registered as a Hong Kong firm.