Corporate and Commercial in Geneva
The Corporate and Commercial teams offer a comprehensive range of legal services to companies, entrepreneurs and family groups, as well as their shareholders, executives and management teams.
Our advice covers the full scope of corporate activities, from structuring, growth capital and acquisitions to reorganisations, sales and liquidations.
The Corporate team's work encompasses Swiss and cross-border mergers, acquisitions and divestments as well as restructuring of solvent and insolvent companies.
Other areas on which we advise include:
- All legal aspects related to Swiss financial regulatory matters such as licensing proceedings before the Swiss Financial Markets Supervisory Authority (FINMA) as well as on finance transactions
- Asset management matters and investment law, such as setting up, licensing and distribution of Swiss and foreign collective investment schemes, fund management and asset management companies
- Corporate governance, shareholder arrangements and commercial contracts
- Employment contracts as well as employee and senior manager incentive arrangements
- Joint ventures
- Follow up/implementation of transactions carried out, nationally and internationally
- Contentious issues relating to commercial and contractual disputes and between shareholders/investors and/or directors.
For more information, please contact Olivier Cavadini.
Private Wealth in Geneva
As preferred advisers to private investors, families and to the wealth management industry, Charles Russell Speechlys is in a unique position.
We understand that when it comes to tax, family law advice, succession and personal wealth planning, individual concerns are just as important as the technical issues. Clients come to us for clear, commercial and practical advice. Our aim is to build a close relationship with each of our clients.
With offices in the four major European investment and wealth management marketplaces – London, Luxembourg, Paris and Switzerland – as well as in the Middle East, Charles Russell Speechlys is one of the few firms able to provide comprehensive and integrated advice in the management of private wealth.
Our clients come from all over the world and include families, entrepreneurs, family offices, trust companies, trustees and banks. Advice is often required within short timescales, and across several time zones.
Whether advising on domestic or international wealth structuring, managing family wealth issues or disputes, acquiring real estate, commercial transactions, establishing a family office or facilitating philanthropy, we ensure that our clients' family and personal wealth goals are aligned with their commercial objectives.
We have established expertise, advising on:
- International and UK tax matters
- Tax disclosures, investigations and cross border tax reporting (e.g. Common Reporting Standard (CRS) and the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) and compliance regimes (e.g. the EU Fourth Anti-Money Laundering Directive) holding property or financial assets (works of art, real estate, etc)
- International wills, tax and estate planning, including transnational structuring where family members or assets are located in multiple jurisdictions
- Good governance in relation to family wealth
- Applications for divorce relating to finance as well as marital and civil partnership agreements
- Cross-border child law matters
- Swiss and UK immigration matters
Litigation & Dispute Resolution in Geneva
Disputes have the potential to damage businesses, reputations and relationships, so our clients value our pragmatic approach to handling them.
Our Litigation & Dispute Resolution team works with both corporate and private clients, advising and representing those involved in a wide range of disputes and regulatory issues.
We advise and represent Swiss and foreign clients before Swiss courts, and in internal and international arbitration. We also regularly advise on pre-litigation or settlement negotiations, preferring ADR (Alternative Dispute Resolution Services) to keep disputes out of formal proceedings wherever possible.
In the corporate arena, we regularly advise on commercial disputes arising out of corporate contracts or transactions including acquisitions, investments and re-organisations, shareholder arrangements, directors’ duties and corporate finance transactions.
For more information, please contact Bruno Ledrappier.