Corporate and Commercial in Doha
Our Corporate and Commercial teams carry out some of the highest value transactions in the Kingdom of Bahrain and the wider GCC with many of our partners ranked as leaders in the field by the leading independent legal directories.
We are widely recognised for our ability to advise on the full spectrum of corporate activity through our multi-disciplinary team of experts.
Our corporate and capital markets expertise includes:
- listings and primary and secondary offerings across a multitude of exchanges
- transaction structuring
- establishing funds (both conventional and Islamic)
- private equity and venture capital financing
- company incorporation and business start-ups
- takeovers and crossborder and domestic mergers, acquisitions and disposals (including MBOs and MBIs), and
- corporate governance and regulatory and compliance.
Our commercial expertise in the region extends to outsourcing, procurement and supply agreements, joint ventures and agency and distribution contracts and we pride ourselves on having specialist knowledge across a wide variety of industries and sectors, including:
- energy and natural resources
- real estate and construction,
- retail, and
- banking and finance.
Our teams have multi-jurisdictional capability and the ability to project manage transactions, particularly those with international aspects, working seamlessly with our international network of over 150 recommended law firms throughout the world.
For more information, please contact Rupert Copeman-Hill.
Litigation & Dispute Resolution in Doha
No one likes disputes. At best they are a distraction, at worst they can undermine businesses, relationships and reputations.
At Charles Russell Speechlys, we are committed to managing and resolving your disputes as swiftly as possible. Our experienced, partner-led teams work closely with you to fully understand the issues you are facing.
We focus our energies on achieving the best possible outcome for you and your organisation using the most appropriate dispute resolution techniques. We work with governments, regulators, sovereign wealth funds, multinational corporations, major companies and family businesses.
Our team has experts across a range of industries from media to medicine, telecoms to trusts, manufacturing to insurance and property to professional negligence.
We work throughout the Middle East on banking and corporate litigation, arbitrations and negotiations – handling some of the most complex, sensitive and high value claims in the region.
We have experience of:
- Mediation: a confidential, quick and costeffective process involving an appointed neutral third party. Our team includes accredited mediators.
- Arbitration: with arbitration centres in Cairo, Dubai, Qatar and Bahrain there is a growing trend towards arbitration. Our team includes members of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
- Adjudication: a streamlined process leading to an enforceable decision from an expert. Our team includes accredited adjudicators.
- Litigation: when litigation is necessary we act with commitment and tenacity.
We have developed strong links with local counsel in a wide range of jurisdictions and are committed to providing a personal, cost-effective service.
Our expertise covers a variety of industries, including:
- energy and natural resources
- banking and finance
- real estate and construction
- aviation, and
For more information, please contact Patrick Gearon.
Real Estate & Construction in Doha
When you work with our Real Estate & Construction team you work with a group of experts who believe in cutting through the red tape and making things happen.
We know that real estate and construction matters can often involve complex legal issues, which is why we are committed to a jargon-free, practical approach.
We have an 'on-the-ground' Real Estate & Construction practice that serves the region from our Doha and Manama offices.
We believe in working proactively with our clients to understand their legal requirements and objectives and achieve their goals. We pride ourselves on providing practical, commercial and innovative advice which adds value and provides our clients with a competitive advantage.
We deliver a comprehensive range of property and construction related services both locally and regionally to a range of clients including occupiers, corporates, major investors, developers, contractors, consultants, charities, government entities and high-profile families and individuals across the Middle East.
In addition, we have extensive experience of advising our clients (both corporates and individuals) in relation to investing in both commercial and residential property in the UK.
As part of this service, we can assist our clients in relation to all connected matters such as corporate structuring and tax advice.
We have particular expertise in the following areas:
- real estate
- urban development and regeneration
- acquisitions and disposals
- investment and property management
- property finance
- leisure and hospitality
- real estate investment trusts
- drafting and negotiating construction and engineering contracts
- advising on procurement and tendering strategies
- project and consultancy agreements, and
- insolvency and dispute resolution matters
For more information, please contact Simon Green.