Corporate and Commercial (Cheltenham)
The Corporate and Commercial teams in Cheltenham provide a comprehensive range of corporate, commercial, capital markets and banking advice.
Equally adept at advising large public companies, SMEs, entrepreneurs, financial institutions, private equity and other investment houses and funds, we work with regional, national and international clients on:
- public takeovers (regulated by the City Code)
- rights issues
- Listing Rules advisory work
- private fund raisings and investments
- private company mergers
- joint ventures
- corporate reorganisations
- debt financing
- corporate advisory matters, and
- commercial contracts.
Specialist support in areas including taxation, insurance and financial services regulation and anti-trust/competition is provided via our other offices.
Our lawyers, most of whom were trained in the City, represent clients across numerous industry sectors, such as technology, media and telecommunications, financial services, renewables, aviation, engineering, retail and leisure and healthcare, and we have extensive experience advising manufacturers operating within these sectors.
We are flexible and responsive in our approach with a clear focus on finding solutions which enable our clients to achieve their goals.
The Employment team in Cheltenham provide clients with strategic insight and practical solutions for all their employment issues, locally, nationally and internationally.
Our expertise includes:
- trouble shooting
- risk management
- drafting all forms of employment documentation
- advising in relation to boardroom disputes
- dismissals, discipline and grievances
- all aspects of equal opportunities/diversity
- corporate governance and regulatory issues
- large project work including restructurings
- business transfers
- dispute resolution in Court and Employment Tribunal, and
- business protection.
Specialist support in areas including UK business immigration and pensions is provided by our other offices.
Litigation & Dispute Resolution (Cheltenham)
Our Litigation & Dispute Resolution team in Cheltenham represents multinational corporations, major UK companies, owner managed businesses and high net worth individuals.
We are committed to managing and resolving disputes as swiftly and efficiently as possible and we are able to advise our clients on the best way to achieve this.
This may involve litigation, but equally, we may work to resolve the dispute through negotiation, mediation or some other form of alternative dispute resolution or often a combination of these.
Our team of lawyers includes specialists who are experienced in dealing with the following types of dispute:
- contractual and commercial disputes
- company disputes, including shareholder disputes, warranty claims and breach of fiduciary duties
- professional services disputes, including professional negligence and partnership disputes, and
- intellectual property disputes, including trademarks, copyright infringement and patent disputes.
Our team also represents clients across various sectors, including technology, media and telecommunications, financial services, retail and leisure, healthcare and sport.
Private Client (Cheltenham)
The Private Client team in Cheltenham, which also incorporates our Private Property team, has extensive market-leading experience in advising individuals, trustees, families, charities, and trustees in relation to their legal affairs.
We are experienced in handling a full kaleidoscope of work for our private clients whilst adding our particular expertise in many specialist areas:
- Charitable Trusts & Philanthropy
- Estate Planning & Succession
- Rural Business & Landed Estates
- Private Property
- Probate & Estate Administration
- Trust Establishment, Management & Taxation
- Trust & Probate Disputes
We offer not simply technical expertise within the areas listed, but take a rounded approach to the legal needs of our clients, using our fully integrated firm-wide services to ensure that the needs of our clients are proactively best served.
Real Estate & Construction (Cheltenham)
The Real Estate & Construction team in Cheltenham provides a complete property service covering real estate transactional work, planning, construction and litigation, with specialists in each area.
Our focus areas are investment, development and occupiers acting for family companies, funds and national businesses. Our specialisms include SIPP and SSAS property, residential and commercial investment and development, land promotion, options and renewables.
Our lawyers understand the property business and are focused on simple solutions to complex problems.
How to find us
- 01242 221122