The planning system is complex with numerous legislative and policy changes over recent years.
The new Planning White Paper, new Environmental regulations and planning reforms, have only added additional pressures and risks for developers.
It is important that you interpret the planning rules correctly, to ensure any proposed developments are viable and deliverable in the new environment. Whether you are a developer, landowner or investor, we can assist you with tailored commercial planning and environmental advice, particularly in London, where our knowledge of practice across the Boroughs helps smooth the planning application process.
We can advise you at all stages of the planning lifecycle, including strategic input at the outset to management of planning applications and appeals. We work closely with our Real Estate and Construction teams to tackle your situation from every angle, providing a comprehensive and robust service.
- strategies for securing a robust planning permission and other consents
- section 106 agreements and community infrastructure levy
- highways and infrastructure
- environmental due diligence and compliance advice
- advice on environmental impact and habitat assessments
- hydrocarbon planning
- compulsory purchase and compensation
- appeals, enforcement, judicial review and statutory challenges
- strategic land advice for institutions, landed estates and other landowners
- planning application process, CIL and planning and infrastructure agreements for housebuilders.
We will work collaboratively with you to get to know your business and your needs. Whether you are in need of clear, accurate advice on the latest planning reforms or guidance on a major project, we are here to support you and your business. If you would like more information on the latest planning updates, click here.
News & Insights
How do I amend an existing planning consent?
Reviewing the two main routes to a planning permission's amendment, once it is granted.
Planning Matters: Cyber Central
With the new Cyber Central development "set to transform Cheltenham" into the UK's leading technology hub, the opportunities are endless.
High Court finds that C2 extra care scheme not exempt from affordable housing requirements
The relevant development plan policy - relating to a site - will define whether or not affordable housing is required.