Dealing with restructuring and insolvency issues is often complex, challenging and time critical.
Access to an experienced and specialist legal team which is responsive, commercially minded and quick thinking can make a real difference to the outcome of your situation.
Our Corporate Restructuring & Insolvency practice carries out the full range of contentious and non-contentious insolvency work. We act for insolvency practitioners, lenders and financial institutions, companies, directors and stakeholders.
Our services include:
- restructuring of solvent and insolvent companies
- pre-formal insolvency advice and planning
- advice on directors’ duties and liabilities in relation to distressed or insolvent companies
- formal insolvencies, including administrations, liquidations (solvent and insolvent) and bankruptcies
- security reviews on existing or proposed loans
- strategic acquisitions of insolvent businesses and assets from insolvency practitioners
- advice to investors in distressed or insolvent companies
- litigation and recovery actions
- asset tracing
- directors’ disqualification proceedings
- LPA Receiverships, and
- cross-border insolvency and COMI issues.
The Charles Russell Speechlys CRI team consists of 18 dedicated insolvency fee-earners and is ranked in Chambers and Partners and Legal 500 for both London and the South.
Case study: Reborn resort creates 1500 new jobs
News & Insights
Unintended Consequences: JSC BTA Bank v Mukhtar Ablyazov, Madiyar Ablyazov  EWCA Civ 1176
The Court of Appeal judgment confirms the correct approach when assessing the 'prohibited purpose' element of section 423 claims.
How to ‘Insure’ Victory – Bringing Claims Against Insurers with Insolvency Exclusions
Heidi Wagstaff and Rachel Bardell examine a recent judgement and its effect on bringing claims against insurers with insolvency exclusions.
“I didn’t see it, but can I still say it?” – witness statements from office holders
Office holders involved in litigation often face difficulties in giving evidence in the claims which they pursue.