COVID-19 UPDATE – Our team remain fully operational and on hand to deal with any issues arising out of the Coronavirus pandemic. We have produced some key tips and advice for trading during these difficult times as well as analysis on proposals for reform to UK insolvency law to protect companies and directors. Please do not hesitate to contact a member of our team to discuss any problems you are facing.
Dealing with financial distress is often complex, challenging and time critical.
Access to an experienced and specialist legal team which is responsive, commercially minded and quick thinking and can make a real difference to the outcome of your situation.
Our Corporate Restructuring & Insolvency practice carries out the full range of contentious and non-contentious insolvency work. We act for insolvency practitioners, lenders and financial institutions, companies, directors and stakeholders.
Our services include:
- restructuring of solvent and insolvent companies
- pre-formal insolvency advice and planning
- advice on directors’ duties and liabilities in relation to distressed or insolvent companies
- formal insolvencies, including administrations, liquidations (solvent and insolvent) and bankruptcies
- informal insolvencies, such as Company Voluntary Arrangements and Individual Voluntary Arrangements
- security reviews on existing or proposed loans
- strategic acquisitions of insolvent businesses and assets from insolvency practitioners
- advice to investors in distressed or insolvent companies
- litigation and recovery actions
- asset tracing
- directors’ disqualification proceedings
- LPA Receiverships, and
- cross-border insolvency and COMI issues.
The Charles Russell Speechlys CRI team consists of 18 dedicated insolvency fee-earners and is ranked in Chambers and Partners and Legal 500 for both London and the South.
Case study: Reborn resort creates 1500 new jobs
News & Insights
Property Patter: How do you solve a problem like arrears?
We provide an update on recovering arrears as we approach the June quarter day.
Retail Recovery: Insolvency / Restructuring / Duties
Welcome to our new podcast series focusing on the Retail and Food and Beverage sectors.