Our trade marks team provides innovative, commercially focussed and cost effective advice in relation to the creation, protection, maintenance, enforcement and exploitation of all aspects of a trade mark and brand, including:
- Brand clearance and searching
- Trade mark and design filing and prosecution
- Watching services
- Management of global portfolios
- Brand audits
- Trade mark, design and copyright infringement proceedings and passing off
- Trade mark oppositions
- Appeals in the UK Courts, EUIPO and CJEU
We are known for our ability to handle the most complex multi-jurisdictional trade mark disputes.
We have particular expertise in the protection of non-traditional trade marks, notably, colour and trade dress and have been involved in leading and high profile cases on the protection and enforcement of colour marks in the UK.
News & Insights
IP in a Pod: Social Media
What IP issues surround the use and protection of hashtags, memes, GIFs and stickers?
IP in a Pod: The impact of Megxit – A trade mark lawyer’s perspective
A look at the 'Sussex Royal' brand and the trademark issues around it.