Copyright can be the unsung hero in businesses’ IP portfolios. It arises automatically without registration in the UK and other territories including the EU, and offers protection on an international scale.
Protection covers a wide variety of media including artistic, musical and literary works alongside broadcasts, films and performances. These can include fashion and jewellery designs, technical drawings and models, software, advertisements and web designs to name a few.
Our IP lawyers will assist you in securing ownership, enforcing, and exploiting these valuable rights in a sensible commercial way, tailored to your business needs. Our services include:
- Advising on commissioning works from third parties and securing ownership
- Advising on the protection of software and databases
- Bringing or defending copyright and database right infringement actions
- Advising on online copyright issues
- Advising on protection and enforcement of mass produced designs through copyright
- Anti-piracy strategies including co-ordinating international anti-piracy action
- Legal issues relating to fine art working closely with our leading art law practice group
- Advising on publishing and broadcasting agreements and disputes
- Advising on and enforcing moral rights
- Management of global portfolios
- Copy and product clearance
- Advising on advertising and marketing codes