Your organisation’s confidential information may be one of its most valuable assets.
We provide comprehensive advice regarding the protection and commercialisation of that information as well as taking steps to prevent its misuse including:
- Protection strategies covering policies, technical measures, contractual protection and training
- Building and documenting portfolios of confidential information for commercialisation
- Assessment of confidential information in the context of your intellectual property and other assets, including possible applications for registered IP protection as well as taking steps to prevent blocking registrations by others
- Transactions involving confidential information, including disposals and licensing; these can be some of the most challenging transactions, but the financial rewards can be considerable
- Working on an international basis, taking advantage of the new legislation, such as the EU’s Trade Secrets Directive and the Defend Trade Secrets Act in the United States
- Protection of confidential information in litigation and M&A situations including common interest agreements
- Advice on the important related issues under employment and competition laws
- Litigation to act swiftly to prevent misuse and/or claim damages or even defend against a claim that you are using third party confidential information.
News & Insights
The value of Simone Biles – an update on athlete endorsements, the Olympics and Rule 40
the USOPC released updated guidance for its athletes regarding personal endorsements and marketing during the Tokyo 2020 games.
ECJ Ruling on EU Trade Mark Jurisdiction: Online Infringers Can No Longer ‘Hide’ From Justice
An ECJ ruling clarifies the power of EU Trade Mark Courts in Member States.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Moore Stephens International on its global brand protection project, rebrand and corporate restructuring
Charles Russell Speechlys advised Moore Stephens International Ltd on its global reorganisation operated through Moore Global Network Ltd.