Your IP is a valuable asset and it is important to maximise the value of IP to your business through licensing, acquisitions or disposals.
Our commercial and IP lawyers can advise you on all intellectual property transactions, including your most important and complex ones. We are well known as a leading practice for this speciality, particularly in regards to transactions with cross-border implications.
We will work closely with you to develop and commercialise portfolios of all kinds of intellectual property. For us, the focus is on creating and protecting value for you. We always seek to understand the commercial backdrop affecting your business and then use our experience and legal knowledge to advise on the best means of achieving your objectives.
We are widely recognised for our significant expertise and in-depth knowledge in the strategic protection and commercialisation of intellectual property.
- Advice on transactions and agreements relating to all forms of intellectual property, including acquisition, disposal and licensing;
- Advice on intellectual property holding structures and re-structuring;
- Joint ownership and commercialisation agreements, often in the context of the development of rights and split commercialisation;
- Protocols for management of intellectual property, including jointly owned portfolios or pools of property;
- Related agreements such as research and development agreements, confidentiality undertakings, and various contracts and practical arrangements for protecting know-how;
- Franchising, merchandising, sponsorship and other forms of brands-related transactions;
- Image rights advice and endorsement agreements for clients in the sports space;
- Advice on other forms of intellectual property exploitation such as broadcasting or streaming.
Meet the team
Brexit and intellectual property: Gibraltar, the Isle of Man and
Charlotte looks at where else trade mark and design protection may be required following Brexit.
Diversification of landed estates – a trade mark lawyer’s advice...
Mary looks at the diversification of landed estates and offers her expert advice from a trade mark perspective
Brexit and Intellectual Property: one month on
Charlotte looks at the impact of Brexit on intellectual property one month on
IP in a Pod: Social Media
What IP issues surround the use and protection of hashtags, memes, GIFs and stickers?
Nick White quoted in International Adviser on the scope for musical royalties to be the latest investment craze
Remote hearings in the COVID-19 era: another new normal?
Charlotte and Simon look at remote hearings in the COVID-19 era
To post, or not to post?
Following the ECJ’s recent ruling, re-posting of a photograph is likely to require the authorisation of the copyright owner.