Our Employment team has experience dealing with employment issues in many jurisdictions.
Headquartered in London and with regional strength and depth, the firm also has a network of offices in some of Europe’s and the Gulf’s main wealth and business centres, as well as long-standing relationships and networks throughout the United States, Africa and the Caribbean. Our lawyers are able to coordinate and deliver commercial outcomes for clients with regard to any employment, pension or immigration problems that they may have anywhere in the world.
We recognise that our clients increasingly operate globally and that we must be able to offer solutions to their labour and employment issues, wherever those problems arise in the world. We do this by providing direct or indirect advice by way of project management of external “best friends” or preferred advisors with whom we have formal or informal links, providing clients with a one stop solution for their international employment problems
There are many employment issues that have an international scope that we regularly encounter and give advice on, including:
- the protection of trade information and business connections
- labour mobility issues and managing global human resources with an emphasis on tax-driven solutions
- trade unions/collective rights /In-country Works Councils/European Works Councils
- whistleblowing and investigations
- data protect/privacy/social media
- equality and diversity
- immigration assignments and secondments
- incentive programs and reward regulation
- moves towards single employment contract and cross border policies and codes of conduct, and
News & Insights
French courts find employer liable for employee’s death during sex on a business trip
The Paris Court of Appeal found a company liable for the death of an employee on a business trip while having sex with a stranger.
Employment update: 2019 and beyond
We highlight the key employment issues on the horizon for 2019 - and beyond.