Businesses face an increasingly complex legal, regulatory and operational environment, as they look to introduce and maintain structures and policies for the new normal post lockdown.
We take the time to understand the current issues that those responsible for HR face. We can work with you in four key areas or ‘pillars’ through which we can help your business to address these issues and move forward. Senior People & HR Consultant Jim Richardson leads a team of experts working alongside our Employment, Pensions and Immigration teams. Together we can provide you with a holistic model across a broad range of sectors offering core people and employee-related workplace solutions.
1. Redundancy and Restructuring
We can project manage and plan collective consultation processes providing training and advice on areas which include:
- the election of employee reps;
- how to run fair selection processes; and
- how to handle interviews for alternative roles.
We will also advise you on job evaluations and forward planning for the restructuring of roles, locations and remuneration packages. As part of our service, we can assist you with internal and external communication plans.
Our strategic advice will help you to create action plans to increase the diversity of talent across your workforce and organisation. We provide training on supporting your working culture including:
- diversity & inclusion;
- wellbeing and resilience building;
- return to work including hybrid working, handling flexible working requests, sickness absence management, vaccination policies and working safely; and
- managing a millennial workforce including social media safety and privacy.
We can advise you on the full range of reward strategies and regulations including equal pay audits, pension scheme closures, employee benefits, reward frameworks and variable compensation strategies including ESG-driven remuneration.
We can also advise on how to ensure you meet your obligations to prevent illegal working as your business adjusts to hybrid working.
3. Talent retention and acquisition
Retaining and motivating talented employees is a key pillar of HR strategy for all successful and growing businesses. Our team can provide training on:
- hiring including employment status, IR35 and reducing costs;
- employee retention and engagement including leadership development;
- pre-employment screening and assessments; and
- business immigration including:
- right to work checks and common issues;
- sponsoring migrant workers under the Skilled Worker route; and
- options for global mobility including business visitors, intra-company transfers and sole representatives.
We also advise on approaches to benchmarking employees and talent attraction strategies.
Our immigration team can advise you on sponsor licence applications and compliance, choosing the most appropriate visa route for an overseas hire and tips for managing an employee’s immigration journey.
4. Special projects
Changes in legislation and regulation can create rapidly changing priorities for HR. We provide training on one-off projects covering areas such as:
- investigations and audits (national minimum wage, equal pay, furlough scheme, gender pay gap reporting and IR35 assessments/reviews);
- immigration compliance and mock audits;
- resolving conflict:
- including disciplinary and grievance matters such as fraud or whistleblowing; and
- our team has extensive expertise in helping to negotiate senior executive exits and running internal mediations; and
- data including breaches and steps to avoid ICO investigations and using metrics to manage your workforce.
For more information, please contact Jim Richardson, or your usual contact in the Employment, Pensions or Immigration teams.