We advise on some of the largest construction & engineering projects in the UK, including energy and transport sector schemes, and large commercial and residential developments.
For every project we advise on (and whatever its size) our aim is always the same: to play our role in helping ensure projects come in on time, on budget, and to specification. Clear contracts, and the right procurement choices, play an important part in achieving that objective.
Our non-contentious construction & engineering services cover the full spectrum of legal issues that need careful consideration and coordination for successful projects. These can include advising on:
- procurement options and best practice
- EU procurement compliance, and challenges
- construction & engineering contract documentation, including amendments to all types of domestic and international standard form contracts
- consultant appointments
- collateral warranties, novations, and use of third party rights
- financial security documentation (such as bonds, guarantees and letters of credit)
- the Building Regulations
- health and safety issues
- insolvency in the construction and engineering sectors.
We ensure that the contractual arrangements put in place properly reflect the project and contract administration procedures, thereby helping to avoid disputes.
Clients tell us (and the legal directories) that they come to us because we have deep sector knowledge, are pragmatic, commercial, and represent good value for money. We aim to provide a personable and responsive specialist service at all times.
News & Insights
Infra. Law - Autumn 2018
Welcome to the latest edition of Infra.Law bringing you insight into issues facing the domestic and international infrastructure sector.
The Gulf diplomatic dispute and construction claims - extensions of time
We consider a contractor’s right to an extension of time under the FIDIC suite of contracts.