At Charles Russell Speechlys, we advise leading brands on a variety of advertising, marketing and sponsorship issues.
Our team has a genuine understanding of media activation and the needs of brands in pursuing marketing activity. Crucially, we understand how the regulatory environment affects brands’ advertising messages and have advised a number of clients on their advertising and sponsorship campaigns.
Our clients benefit from our ability to provide a full range of advice, including:
- advising on brand partnership and sponsorship agreements
- agreements to facilitate delivery of advertising & marketing activities, including with creative agencies, media buying agencies, developers and talent
- advising on digital activations, including the interaction between marketing and technology eg social media and viral campaigns
- compliance under the CAP and BCAP Codes, sales promotion and direct marketing, including pre-publication/pre-transmission clearance
- compliance applicable only to advertising in regulated environments, ambush marketing, outdoor and ambient advertising, advertising to children
- compliance aspects of competitions and giveaways, including wider consumer law elements
- compliance with event/experience based activations, such as pop up events
- consumer protection, defamation, intellectual property clearances and use of personal data
- contentious and litigious advice, including complaints handling with the Advertising Standards Authority and Information Commissioner.
News & Insights
A world without Likes
How can brands measure ROI without “Likes”?
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Morgan family and trustees on sale of Morgan Motor Company to Investindustrial
The Morgan Motor Group brand is a symbol of quintessential British craftsmanship, elegance, performance and design.
Oat so compliant: ASA holds administration of prize competition compliant with the CAP code
On 20 June, the ASA published its ruling on the “Show us your oats” advertising campaign run by Walkers Snacks Ltd t/a Quaker Oats.