Successful businesses identify opportunities, exploit gains, and assess and minimise associated risk in order to thrive.
Whether you are a global brand or entrepreneurial venture, we will take the time to understand your long-term goals as a business, to ensure that we offer strategic, legal and commercial advice that sets you up for success.
Our commercial law expertise
We know that for our clients, it’s not just about the next deal; it’s about the next decade. We have extensive experience advising UK and international clients across all the firm’s key sectors, particularly in Technology, Retail and Financial Services. We understand the unique complexities of these sectors and can support you on:
- international supply chain contracts;
- logistics and procurement;
- specialist manufacturing and maintenance agreements;
- outsourcing and facilities management;
- competition law compliance;
- sponsorship contracts and agreements;
- merchandising agreements;
- property management; and
- marketing and advertising contracts.
We provide tailored solutions, which may include supporting and collaborating with your in-house team behind the scenes, providing online reviews and reports, through to full deal structure planning, leading negotiations on your behalf and advising on implementation and operational issues.
Brands, Advertising & Marketing
We advise leading brands on a variety of advertising, marketing and sponsorship issues.
Our team has a genuine understanding of media activation and the needs of brands in pursuing marketing activity. Crucially, we understand how the regulatory environment affects brands’ advertising messages and have advised a number of clients on their advertising and sponsorship campaigns.
Our clients benefit from our ability to provide a full range of advice, including:
- advising on brand partnership and sponsorship agreements
- agreements to facilitate delivery of advertising & marketing activities, including with creative agencies, media buying agencies, developers and talent
- advising on digital activations, including the interaction between marketing and technology eg social media and viral campaigns
- compliance under the CAP and BCAP Codes, sales promotion and direct marketing, including pre-publication/pre-transmission clearance
- compliance applicable only to advertising in regulated environments, ambush marketing, outdoor and ambient advertising, advertising to children
- compliance aspects of competitions and giveaways, including wider consumer law elements
- compliance with event/experience based activations, such as pop up events
- consumer protection, defamation, intellectual property clearances and use of personal data
- contentious and litigious advice, including complaints handling with the Advertising Standards Authority and Information Commissioner.