Brands, Advertising & Marketing
We advise leading brands on a variety of advertising, marketing and sponsorship issues.
Our team has a genuine understanding of media activation and the needs of brands in pursuing marketing activity. Crucially, we understand how the regulatory environment affects brands’ advertising messages and have advised a number of clients on their advertising and sponsorship campaigns.
Our clients benefit from our ability to provide a full range of advice, including:
- advising on brand partnership and sponsorship agreements
- agreements to facilitate delivery of advertising & marketing activities, including with creative agencies, media buying agencies, developers and talent
- advising on digital activations, including the interaction between marketing and technology eg social media and viral campaigns
- compliance under the CAP and BCAP Codes, sales promotion and direct marketing, including pre-publication/pre-transmission clearance
- compliance applicable only to advertising in regulated environments, ambush marketing, outdoor and ambient advertising, advertising to children
- compliance aspects of competitions and giveaways, including wider consumer law elements
- compliance with event/experience based activations, such as pop up events
- consumer protection, defamation, intellectual property clearances and use of personal data
- contentious and litigious advice, including complaints handling with the Advertising Standards Authority and Information Commissioner.