The world is getting smaller as families become increasingly international. Such families and individuals with assets in multiple jurisdictions require specialised advice on the structuring of their affairs.
Charles Russell Speechlys' International Private Client team specialises in advising internationally mobile high net worth clients. We have particular expertise in advising clients who have a connection to the US, Middle East, Far East and Russia.
We assist these types of clients in relation to:
- the remittance basis of taxation for UK resident non-domiciliaries
- the complex concepts of “residence” and “domicile”, and help them to understand their position in relation to these rules and the UK tax system
- determining whether or not they are UK tax resident according to the complex statutory resident test
- structuring their worldwide affairs so that they are as organised and tax-efficient as possible
- pre-arrival tax planning and immigration advice for individuals moving to the UK from various jurisdictions
- the establishment and administration of asset holding structures
- cross-border tax and estate planning including advice on relevant treaties and on applicable succession regimes
- automatic exchange of information and protecting clients privacy
- the structuring of residential property acquisitions for non-UK domiciliaries
- family advice including divorce, children, pre and post nuptial agreements, and
- contentious advice following a trust or estate dispute.
- The firm has 11 international offices across Europe, the Middle East and Asia. Our European offices are located in Europe's leading centres for financial services and wealth management - London, Luxembourg, Paris and Switzerland.
As well as advising individuals and families on these issues, we also advise family offices, private banks and trust companies.
News & Insights
Tainted love: ensure your trust stays protected
The April 2017 tax reforms in relation to foreign domiciliaries brought major changes to the regime that applies to offshore trusts.
Charles Russell Speechlys crowned 'best legal team' at the WealthBriefing Swiss Awards 2018
The triumph is another milestone in establishing the firm’s growing reputation in Switzerland.
29 lawyers ranked in Chambers High Net Worth Guide 2017
We performed extremely well and received some fantastic feedback from clients and contacts.