The world is getting smaller as families become increasingly international. Such families and individuals with assets in multiple jurisdictions require specialised advice on the structuring of their affairs.
Charles Russell Speechlys' International Private Client team specialises in advising internationally mobile high net worth clients. We have particular expertise in advising clients who have a connection to the US, Middle East, Far East and Russia.
We assist these types of clients in relation to:
- the remittance basis of taxation for UK resident non-domiciliaries
- the complex concepts of “residence” and “domicile”, and help them to understand their position in relation to these rules and the UK tax system
- determining whether or not they are UK tax resident according to the complex statutory resident test
- structuring their worldwide affairs so that they are as organised and tax-efficient as possible
- pre-arrival tax planning and immigration advice for individuals moving to the UK from various jurisdictions
- the establishment and administration of asset holding structures
- cross-border tax and estate planning including advice on relevant treaties and on applicable succession regimes
- automatic exchange of information and protecting clients privacy
- the structuring of residential property acquisitions for non-UK domiciliaries
- family advice including divorce, children, pre and post nuptial agreements, and
- contentious advice following a trust or estate dispute.
- The firm has six international offices across Europe and the Middle East. Our European offices are located in Europe's leading centres for financial services and wealth management - London, Luxembourg, Paris and Switzerland.
As well as advising individuals and families on these issues, we also advise family offices, private banks and trust companies.
Immigration changes impact the wealth community but we shouldn’t panic about Brexit
Immigration is and will continue to be a fundamental consideration for Brexit.
Charles Russell Speechlys Private Client Division expertise recognised in Who’s Who Legal 2016 directory
Nine Private Client practitioners have been selected for the Who’s Who Legal Private Client 2016 directory.