Veterinary businesses are highly regulated. The people, the premises, the products and the services are all subject to a variety of rules and regulations.
As a leading law firm in the UK with a specialist healthcare team, our lawyers understand the pressures and legal issues that operators of veterinary practices face in a time of ever increasing regulation.
Our team of veterinary lawyers have many years of experience in acting for owners and operators of veterinary practices (both small and large animal) ranging from sole practitioners to corporate organisations.
Whatever their need, our clients can rely on our team of veterinary lawyers to provide them with practical, clear and focused advice which is easily accessible and not weighed down by legal jargon.
Our core areas of expertise include:
- corporate (including practice sale and purchase)
- property (including leases, construction, planning and health & safety law)
- commercial (including commercial agreements)
- regulatory (including compliance, disciplinary and fitness to practice issues)
- litigation (civil, commercial and criminal)
- employment (contracts, handbooks, self-employed agreements and dispute resolution)
- intellectual property (both contentious and non-contentious, including trademarks and patents)
- competition law (EU and national), and
- tax (personal and corporate, including retirement relief).
News & Insights
Buying and selling a veterinary practice
The sale or purchase of a veterinary practice is likely to be one of the largest financial transactions that a vet will make.
Focus Antitrust - 21 December 2016
A round up of the latest competition news.