Life Sciences is a complex sector, not just in terms of the different areas of law involved but also in view of the challenging and ever changing commercial market place.
Our multi-disciplinary team combines relevant legal expertise, commercial insight and scientific understanding, to provide clients with a complete solutions-focused service. We always seek to maximise commercial returns as well as limiting potential liabilities. Our services range from simple material transfer agreements to complex and technical multinational patent litigation.
Our clients include businesses engaged in research, manufacturing, sales and distribution, as well as universities, contract research organisations, clinical trial providers, logistics providers, entrepreneurs and successful inventors.
We provide advice at every stage of a product’s life cycle, including:
- research and development agreements, as discrete projects or in conjunction with funding or licensing, including agreements for access to research collections and databases
- alliances and contractual joint ventures
- material transfer agreements
- evaluation licences
- licences in and out as well as options to licence back
- services agreements, including those relating to technology transfer
- clinical trial agreements
- manufacturing agreements
- distribution agreements
- co-promotion and co-marketing agreements
- joint venture companies
- company sales and acquisitions
- AIM and main market listings
- fundraisings (public and private)
- competition and parallel imports
- regulatory advice
- data protection and cyber security, and
- all forms of dispute resolution, especially in respect of patents and know-how.
News & Insights
The Medical Costs Act — what it means for pharma and pharmacy
David Reisser explains the new Health Service Medical Supplies (Costs) Act and its implications for pharmacy.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Kreos Capital on its €15 million growth capital investment
Kiadis Pharma is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company developing innovative products to make bone marrow transplantations safer.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Kreos Capital and Silicon Valley Bank on growth capital investment to Mereo BioPharma
Mereo BioPharma is a UK-based specialty bio-pharmaceutical company listed on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange.