The insurance industry is going through a period of rapid change.
Increased levels of product regulation and technical innovation in how products are delivered is helping to reshape the sector. At the same time the outlook for claims is uncertain and consolidation amongst providers continues even as new challengers enter the market.
Specialist lawyers for the insurance sector
Whether you are a large, multi-strategy international company, or a bespoke insurer focused on niche markets, we can provide solutions to your legal and regulatory matters, helping your business to succeed. Our Insurance team works with general and life insurers, pensions or annuity providers, reinsurers, brokers and other service providers. We also work with corporate clients requesting advice on insurance policies and coverage.
We can advise you on:
- capital raisings, M&A, strategic alliances and joint ventures. This includes dealing with the regulators and the courts on Part VII transfer schemes;
- regulation, remuneration, governance, disclosures, scope of permissions, conduct of business rules and client money rules;
- contracts relating to outsourcing, existing products, new products and reinsurance;
- complex and high value claims and disputes, often with an international element; and
- all aspects of running an insurance business, including employment, asset management and real estate matters.