The insurance industry is going through a period of rapid change.
Increased levels of product regulation and technical innovation in how products are delivered is helping to reshape the sector. At the same time the outlook for claims is uncertain and consolidation amongst providers continues even as new challengers enter the market.
Whether you are a large, multi-strategy international company, or a bespoke insurer focused on niche markets, we can provide solutions to your legal and regulatory matters, helping your business to succeed. Our Insurance team works with general and life insurers, pensions or annuity providers, reinsurers, brokers and other service providers. We also work with corporate clients requesting advice on insurance policies and coverage.
We can advise you on:
- capital raisings, M&A, strategic alliances and joint ventures. This includes dealing with the regulators and the courts on Part VII transfer schemes;
- regulation, remuneration, governance, disclosures, scope of permissions, conduct of business rules and client money rules;
- contracts relating to outsourcing, existing products, new products and reinsurance;
- complex and high value claims and disputes, often with an international element; and
- all aspects of running an insurance business, including employment, asset management and real estate matters.
Meet the team
The Supreme Court Ruling in the Covid-19 Business Interruption Test Case: What does this mean for policyholders?
Charles Russell Speechlys advises the owners of Safeonline LLP on its sale to Howden Broking Group Limited
Safeonline LLP has a proprietary insurtech platform, iQ, which will offer the capability to provide cyber insurance capability.
Farmageddon - a way out?
The dangers of going viral
Insuring Extreme Weather
Achieving growth in a non-growth world: The Metro Bank story
On 15 March Vernon Hill gave a talk on the Metro Bank success story.