From mobile payment systems to blockchain, the evolution of modern technology is transforming financial services.
The financial services industry is experiencing a wave of change and this is one we understand well. New technology, including FinTech and RegTech is creating new ways of doing business and dealing with the regulatory burden.
There are considerable opportunities to diversify the way that financial services companies use technology, and we have significant experience in working with these, as well as start-ups and investors who are already taking advantage of these opportunities.
Our broad experience in working with financial institutions provides us with deep insight to advise on the regulatory issues for customers acquiring and developing technology in the FinTech space. We can also advise you on the contractual, licensing and ownership aspects of technology and services in a regulated environment.
If you are unsure as to how the complexities surrounding the FinTech industry may affect you and your business, we are happy to provide a consultation session to help you understand the legal ramifications of the advances in the sector.
Our clients cover a range of FinTech areas, such as:
- Online platforms (including crowdfunding, peer-to-peer lending, digital exchange, lending and all types of trading platforms)
- Mobile technology (including apps, payment solutions, mobile-based fraud detection technologies)
- Software and app development & exploitation
- Technology infrastructure and cloud
- Distributed ledger technology (including blockchain)
- Payment Services
We can advise you on all business issues you may have, whether you are a leading financial institution or a start-up:
- Financial services regulatory advice (including obtaining authorisation, communicating with the FCA and PRA, and advising on UK and EU regulatory compliance such as MiFID, the PSD, and AIFMD)
- Data protection
- Online safety
- Commercial contracts (including agreements between software developers and users, and customer conditions)
- Consumer protection
- Intellectual Property
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Fund raising (including capital markets and listings)
News & Insights
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Liquidnet Holdings on the acquisition of RSRCHXchange
Liquidnet is a cutting-edge financial technology solutions provider for institutional asset managers.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises on the sale of Small World
Small World Financial Services Group Limited is a leading multi-channel cross-border payment service provider.
FCA discussion paper continues call for the transformation of financial services culture in order to rebuild trust
David Hicks and William Granger consider the UK Financial Conduct Authority's new discussion paper on culture within financial services