We have extensive international experience in the mining sector and are particularly well known for our work in emerging markets where we will often provide active support to clients on the ground.
The team is multidisciplinary including corporate, commercial, banking, litigation and real estate lawyers and we advise our mining clients on a range of transactions and operational issues such as:
- farm-in and farm-out agreements
- joint ventures (including international joint ventures)
- mine financing
- private placements and IPOs
- mergers and acquisitions (public and private)
- dispute resolution and litigation
- property, planning and environmental matters
- competition and regulatory issues.
The team is extremely active in the sector and an active participant at key international events such as Indaba (South Africa) and the Mines & Money conferences.
From mine to market
The Family and Energy & Natural Resources groups hosted a gemstones evening last week, featuring speakers from Gemfields and Fabergé.
Controlling shareholder agreements is an important tool for managing a company’s relationship with a major shareholder or shareholder group.