As more investors show an interest in this asset class, our work in the renewable energy sector is an increasingly important part of our Energy & Natural Resources practice.
We also recognise the importance of innovative technology, both in the expansion of sustainable energy generation and more efficient power distribution and usage.
The team is multidisciplinary including corporate, commercial, banking, intellectual property, planning, and litigation lawyers. We advise our cleantech & renewable energy clients on a range of transactions and operational issues such as:
- joint ventures (including international joint ventures)
- mergers and acquisitions (public and private)
- financing whether by debt, equity or a combination of the two
- family office and private equity investments
- construction, operation and maintenance advice throughout the lifecycle of a project, including decommissioning
- property, planning and environmental matters
- development and commercialisation of intellectual property in new technologies
- competition, procurement and regulatory issues, and
- supply chain, power purchase and grid connection agreements.
We make it our business to understand fully how our clients operate in their different sectors, fostering long term relationships and providing an exceptional combination of commercial knowledge and legal expertise to achieve desired goals.
Our team works closely with our Technology, Media & Telecommunications team, which allows our clients to benefit from their technical expertise, particularly where Smart Cities and "The Internet of Things" are concerned.
News & Insights
Charles Russell Speechlys advises the shareholders of Henshin Group Limited on the investment by Veos S.P.A.
Charles Russell Speechlys advised the shareholders of Henshin Group Limited on a major investment by Veos S.P.A.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Daystar Power Group and founder on $10 million equity stake by Verod Capital Management and Persistent Energy
Daystar Power Group is a pan-African electricity company specialising in the generation of solar energy.
Compliance newsletter - August 2017
Check out our summer round-up of compliance related news.