Technological innovation is driving rapid changes in the renewable energy and Cleantech sectors.
Energy generation costs are falling and energy efficiency is rising, leading to renewable energy becoming an ever more important part of the generation mix. Cleantech developments are also leading to transformation and disruption in a host of sectors, from transport to construction.
However, as the sector moves away from government-backed to privately financed projects commercial risks remain for operators, investors and other stakeholders.
The regulatory environment for renewable energy is also changeable and successfully completing projects requires an understanding of the legal, financial and regulatory key issues that may impact your plans.
Whether you are a sponsor, operator, lender or landowner, our team can advise you on all aspects of renewable energy projects.
The team is multi-disciplinary including corporate, commercial, banking, intellectual property, planning, regulatory and litigation lawyers. We can advise you on a range of transactions and operational issues such as:
- domestic and international M&A and joint ventures;
- financing whether by debt, equity or a combination of the two;
- family office and private equity investments;
- construction, operation and maintenance advice throughout the lifecycle of a project, including decommissioning;
- property, planning and environmental matters;
- development and commercialisation of intellectual property in new technologies;
- competition, procurement and regulatory issues; and
- supply chain, power purchase and grid connection agreements.
Meet the team
Use and Regulation of Renewable Energy Certificates in the UAE
The market for trading in renewable energy certificates is set to increase in both visibility and importance.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Daystar Power Group on USD $38m Series B investment
Continuing to assist Daystar Power, a leading provider of hybrid solar power solutions to businesses in West Africa.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises the shareholders of Henshin Group Limited on the investment by Veos S.P.A.
Charles Russell Speechlys advised the shareholders of Henshin Group Limited on a major investment by Veos S.P.A.
Charles Russell Speechlys advises Daystar Power Group and founder on $10 million equity stake by Verod Capital Management and Persistent Energy
Daystar Power Group is a pan-African electricity company specialising in the generation of solar energy.
Compliance newsletter - August 2017
Check out our summer round-up of compliance related news.