Charles Russell Speechlys is at the forefront of the sector when it comes to understanding and interpreting our clients’ needs. We have a detailed grasp of the complexity of the energy and natural resources sector and appreciate its highly regulated environment.
We are recognised for the efficient and effective manner in which we advise our clients across a wide range of corporate, regulatory and commercial issues. Our clients include exploration companies for the oil, gas and minerals industries, mining companies as well as cleantech and renewable energy businesses, both onshore and offshore.
Clarity, not complexity
We understand your industry and our deeply skilled experts in corporate finance, private equity, mergers and acquisitions, project finance, joint ventures and strategic alliances, tax, infrastructure projects, operational contracts and dispute resolution all serve to cut through the legal jargon; providing clarity of expression.
Because of this, we’re confident that our personalised approach complements our ability to advise on all elements of commerce; ranging from licencing, contracts and stakeholder management to transactional work such as IPOs and secondary fundraisings, public takeovers and private M&A, joint ventures, strategic alliances and corporate structuring.
Our specialist industry knowledge and international expertise aid us in understanding our client’s business objectives from a legal perspective. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail, technical excellence and our ability to focus on building long-term, productive client relationships.
In addition to our corporate clients, we also advise sponsors, nominated advisors and corporate advisors on their obligations on flotations and fundraisings and have a solid international footprint spanning Africa, Australasia, Indonesia, the Middle East, Russia & the CIS, and Central and South America.
As for operational matters, we regularly advise on:
- exploration licences and due diligence requirements, including necessary legal opinions and Competent Person and Reservoir Engineer Reports
- mine construction and infrastructure contracts, such as those for road access and power connections
- production sharing agreements, offtake and other product sale arrangements
- procurement of equipment and fixed plant machinery
- planning, environmental and health & safety regulation
- governance structures and anti-corruption legislation
- shareholder activism and dispute resolution.
News & Insights
Helen Hutton explores environmental compliance
Focus Antitrust - 21 December 2016
A round up of the latest competition news.