TMO Manager FTC
This is a maternity cover through to the end of July 2024, working within the Transformation Management Office. The projects you will primarily be working on are those contributing to the execution of the Firm Strategy as well as projects that may focus on legal, statutory, core business improvements, and changes that are required to meet BAU requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Work on and develop the effective setup, tracking and monitoring of project pipeline activities and emerging activities for the Firm’s transformation projects.
• Collaborate with Project managers/project owners on setup, delivery of projects and status updates.
• Own and capture key actions agreed and support tracking follow up on progress arising from business engagements to ensure successful completion.
• Maintain and track core project documentation.
• Take a lead on providing guidance of project best practice.
• Contribute and create templates, eg. Plan-On-The-Page, new project intake, risks and issues, requirements, action logs/kanban.
• Consistent and timely production of materials for key governance forums.
• Develop timelines to ensure the timely delivery of project input and key deliverables for reporting.
• Ensure agreed project amendments and updates to the project status are captured and are followed through to completion.
• Provide support to projects that are coordinated by the Transformation Management Office and help with any start up assistance where needed.
• Production of required outputs and follow up of actions arising from key governance forums.
• Ensure project delivery, schedules, meetings and timelines for key deliverables are kept on track.
• Champion best practice in project management working with key stakeholders to embed them in key programmes.
• Design and share reports with C-suite stakeholders.
Comply with all relevant legal and regulatory obligations including the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) Standards and Regulations, and Principles.
Skills and experience
• Degree, business Analysis or project management qualification - PMP, PRINCE2 qualifications (or equivalent) desirable.
• A proven track record of successfully working as a PMO, PMO Lead, PMO Manager role in a business environment.
• Experience driving and setting up large complex projects or change programmes preferably in a professional services organisation.
• Experience in establishing and maintaining a high level of customer trust and confidence.
• Good stakeholder management, collaborative ethos.
• Strong operations and process improvement background.
• Ideally a proficiency in project management tools and software such as Jira, ADO, Smartsheets, HighQ and Trello.
• Experience mentoring, coaching and developing other team members will be advantageous.
• Pragmatic and creative approach to project management principles by tailoring/tweaking to meet the needs of the firm.
• Curious self-starter with the ability to be comfortable operating in ambiguity.
• Can focus on details whilst maintaining the “big picture” view.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with a key focus on mentoring, coaching, collaborating and team building.
• Effective influencing and negotiating skills.
• Strong analytical, planning, time management and organisational skills with an ability to manage competing demands.
• Some experience of revenue and credit control within the legal sector would be an advantage.
• Working together
• Integrity and respect
• Personal impact and growth
• Driving high standards
• Commercial mindset
• Client - centric
• Responsible Business
For a detailed specification please download the job description in the documents section of this page.
Clicking 'apply' will direct you to the application tracking system, hosted for us by Reach-ATS.com.