Technology Procurement Specialist
Working with the Procurement Manager to ensure our Supplier Relationships deliver best value and great service for the Firm.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Leading on procurement projects for new Technology related requirements.
• Working alongside IT and other stakeholders within the Firm to manage the renewals for IT software & hardware maintenance agreements to ensure they continue to provide sufficient value.
• Working with Information Security to ensure that due diligence is completed on supplier products & services and is maintained in line with the Firm’s supplier requirements.
• Working with the Risk Counselteam to ensure appropriate terms are in place with suppliers and thatlegal and reputational risks are minimised.
• Strategic Sourcing & Category Management - undertaking industry and market analysis, conducting supplier negotiations and supporting in the development and implementation of procurement strategy plans.
• Guidance and strategic stakeholder engagement - leading and executing projects, influencing commercial decisions and proactively engaging with the business and service functions.
• Responsibility for ensuring Projects within the team are delivered within time, budget and functionality and must have excellent communication skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks at once.
• Providing handover of finalised agreements to contract managers to ensure smooth transition into service and service levels are agreed and understood.
• Build strong relationships and be a crucial figure in positioning procurement more strategically within the Firm.
• Leading procurement and strategic sourcing projects over the full procurement life cycle, from gathering stakeholders' requirements to RFI, RFP, RFQ, contract negotiation and award, and supplier relationship management (SRM).
• Working with Technology stakeholders on budget planning.
• Comply with all relevant legal and regulatory obligations including the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) Standards and Regulations, and Principles.
Qualifications and Experience
• Previous working experience working on IT categories with an excellent knowledge of IT sourcing processes.
• Understanding and experience negotiating SaaS contracts and other IT related commercial terms such as hardware maintenance and telephony and communications.
• Bachelor's degree education / CIPS is preferred however not essential.
• Experience of working within a professional services orlegal environment preferred.
• At least 5 years’ experience within a procurement function.
• Organised and process driven individual who can work to tight deadlines.
• Highly motivated individual who will be able to deal effectively with conflicting requirements.
• Strong customer focus – able to deal with requests and queries and manage stakeholder expectations.
• A strong desire to build effective and sustainable relationships with your stakeholders.
• Troubleshooting skills and incident/problem management.
• Commercial awareness, financial acumen.
• Working together
• Integrity and respect
• Personal impact and growth
• Driving high standards
• Commercial mindset
• Client - centric
• Responsible Business