Senior Trust & Tax Manager
It is an exciting time to join Charles Russell Speechlys!
We are looking to recruit a first-rate Senior Trust & Tax Manager.
The successful candidate will work closely with partners, associates and also members of our growing Trust Administration team. The Trust Administration team itself deals with a wide range of trust administration work, including charities, and sits within the firm’s market-leading Tax, Trusts and Succession Practice Group.
The Tax, Trusts and Succession Group is one of the largest practice groups in the firm with annual revenue of just over £23 million. It includes around 95 individuals at all stages in their careers.
The role will report directly to William Begley (Head of Group) and Alan Kitcher (Head of Trusts and Probate).
The role will suit someone who has excellent people skills and who is looking to develop their career within a friendly collegiate team that is widely recognised for its expertise in this area.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Managing your own caseload, client relationships and engaging with all those that may be involved with any given matter, including trustees, beneficiaries and other advisers
- Pro-actively managing your clients to ensure any tax-planning and/or succession planning issues are considered and acted upon when appropriate
- Management of relationships between grant-making and applicant charities, dealing with prospective beneficiaries, drafting deeds and associated policies
- Overseeing and contributing towards the timely preparation of trust accounts and tax returns including inheritance tax returns and dealing with HM Revenue and Customs as required
- Calculating trustees’ liabilities to IHT, CGT and Income Tax and making use of annual exemptions
- Preparing for and attending trustees’ meetings and taking minutes of those meetings
- Dealing with payments and distributions from trusts, both capital and discretionary income distributions
- Activating investment reviews
- Monitoring the performance of investment portfolios
- Preparing and reviewing trustees’ investment policy statements
- Reviewing and interpreting trust deeds and related documentation with input from the wider team, as appropriate
- Keeping managers and partners regularly updated with progress on assignments and assisting with billing
You will have a lot of client contact and be expected to take part in client meetings and liaise independently with clients, beneficiaries, banks, investment managers and other professional advisers such as valuers and accountants.
- Be enthusiastic and dedicated to pursuing a career in trust administration work
- Be willing to share knowledge and experience with colleagues
- Have excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise competing demands effectively
- Have a high degree of attention to detail
- Have strong problem-solving skills
For a detailed specification please download the job description in the documents section of this page.
Clicking 'apply' will direct you to the application tracking system, hosted for us by Reach-ATS.com.