Senior Compliance Analyst
The Firm’s Compliance & Risk team is based in London and is responsible for dealing with all customer due diligence (CDD) and conflicts queries for the Firm (including foreign offices).
There are currently 17 team members (including this role) plus a Compliance Partner who is the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO). The team comprises a mixture of lawyers and non-legal staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Conflicts of interest
- carrying out conflicts searches using data submitted by partners and other fee earners
- reporting back to the partner/ fee earner on the results of the search
- identifying potential conflicts issues and escalating them to more senior members of the Compliance team (as well as assisting with any legal research and analysis which may be required)
- dealing with the Firm’s more difficult CDD issues, particularly in relation to companies and trusts (analysing documents provided by clients and advising whether further information is needed)
- Advising on CDD requirements for our overseas offices which may differ from the UK approach (especially Qatar and Hong Kong)
- carrying out risk assessments at client inception and also when CDD records are updated to see whether the client presents a higher than usual risk of money laundering
- carrying out research to establish whether there is any adverse press about a prospective client and assessing its relevance
- providing AML training to support staff