Senior Compliance & Risk Associate - 9m FTC
The role has a strong anti-money laundering (AML) focus but it also includes providing advice on a range of other risk management issues which affect the business. The successful candidate will work closely with the Compliance Partner and will be responsible for supervising and training the Senior Analysts. The role is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to gain more experience with the legal aspects of risk management.
- taking a lead role in carrying out CDD on a full range of clients including individuals, companies and trusts
- supervising the CDD checks carried out by other members of the team and providing guidance when unusual or difficult issues arise
- liaising with clients directly when complex CDD issues arise and finding workable solutions
- providing legal advice to partners and fee earners on the scope of applicable anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing legislation (including the local laws which apply to our foreign offices)
- assisting with AML and other Compliance training for partners, fee-earners and business support staff
- providing advice about reputational risk issues
- assisting the MLRO with carrying out research to be used in suspicious activity reports (SARs) and assisting with drafting SARs
- advising on complex source of funds queries, including third party payments
- assisting with providing legal advice to partners and fee earners about the nature and scope of the UK’s financial sanctions legislation
For a full breakdown of the role, please download the PDF job description.