Senior Business Development Manager - Private Client
The Senior Business Development Manager will play an integral role in formulation and execution of business development and marketing plans and campaigns for the Private Client division and relevant business groups. Working closely with the Head of Business Development and Relationships, this role will involve advising, supporting partners and fee earners from different offices on BD priorities – including progressing agreed actions and tracking progress and ROI.
The Business Development (BD) team supporting the Private Client groups is made up of two Business Development Managers (BDMs) and a Business Development Coordinator (BDC), for whom the SBDM will assume day to date management responsibilities. The team works closely with the wider BD, Marketing and Communications teams.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Support the implementation of the Private Client group strategic business plan by leading on some of its main objectives. Facilitate and lead the creation of Business Plans with relevant Heads of Group and other partners.
• Support on developing, reviewing and updating business planning and budgeting materials, leading or participating in meetings, producing actions, amending documents and following up on action points.
• Keep track of all the major case successes and developments, new clients and instructions and ensure communication throughout the Firm, as appropriate. Demonstrate in-depth understanding of the Division’s and the Firm’s client base.
• Support the targeting process and lead on some of the relationship initiatives (e.g. Private Client key intermediary relationships, targeting of groups of clients, BD trips).
• Work closely with the firm’s Private Office to unlock opportunities for the wider Private Client division.
• Undertake and champion Client Listening and client feedback within the division. Report themes back centrally to relationships team. Use insights, were appropriate to inform thought leadership.
• Support the Firm’s Key Account programme, suggesting process improvements for the Division and champion divisional framework.
• Act as the point person for BD budget tracking for the Private Client groups, working alongside the BDMs and the BDC to ensure that campaigns and teams are keeping to pre-agreed budgets. Analyse BD expenditure to track BD activity against business objectives and ROI, identifying any areas for improvement.
• Support the development of InterAction, our contact management system (e.g. mailing list cleansing) and be a ‘champion’ for the system within the rest of the firm, particularly supporting the BDM’s in their data quality project.
• Be a leading figure within the Private Client division (with all its constituent business groups) on the pitching process, from pre-pitch strategic discussion to document production and advice, including RFPs, credentials, statements of experience, client quotes/testimonials, basic research, partner and fee earner biographies and core factual/policy information. The SBDM will be expected to lead on pitch meetings and provide advice throughout the pitch process and also be comfortable working to tight deadlines with limited guidance, with assistance from the BDMs and the BDC.
• Working with the BDMs and the BDC, develop and maintain the materials required to create pitch documents
• Support the BDMs on the production, distribution, analysis and reporting on digital newsletters, legal updates and other direct mailings, working with the CRM Systems team
• Support the BDMs and the BDC, and partners, on the legal directories and award submissions process
• With the support of the BDMs and the BDC, Digital Executive and Events team, plan, carry out, analyse and report on targeted events such as seminars, webinars, podcasts, workshops, receptions and other client hospitality
• Work with fee earners and our PR team, on the coordination and encouragement of PR activity for the Division
• Undertake or oversee ad hoc research with support of research teams on markets, sectors, industries, organisations and individuals to support strategic targeting.
• Work with knowledge development lawyers on thought leadership themes and support the BDM’s and marketing on implementation.
• Deliver firmwide key projects under the leadership of the senior management team (Director and Heads).
• Responsible for the management and development of the Private Client business development team.
• A proven track record of delivering/achieving results and targets to strict deadlines
• Organisational ability within a pressurised environment
• Experience in a legal environment crucial
• A motivated professional and a quick learner who is able to hit the ground running
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Excellent attention to detail and highly proficient proof-reading skills
• A team-player mindset, demonstrating an ability to engage colleagues at every level in projects and initiatives
• An experienced manager able to lead and inspire people in the team
• Able to adapt and respond at short notice
• IT savvy and computer literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of CRM systems (preferably InterAction)Competencies
• Client service
• Interpersonal skills
• Delivery focus
• Partner engagement
For a detailed specification please download the job description in the documents section of this page.
Clicking 'apply' will direct you to the application tracking system, hosted for us by Reach-ATS.com.