Revenue and Credit Controller
The role of the Revenue and Credit Controller is to work within the finance department as part of a busy revenue and credit control team, reporting to the Head of Revenue and Credit Control.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities (this is a broad but not exhaustive list):
- Regular review of aged work in progress and meeting with designated partners to ensure this is effectively managed and department budgets are met
- Working with department heads to gather accurate monthly billing forecasts
- Being first point of contact for one of the firm’s four business divisions
- Prompt and accurate production of all bills submitted for processing
- Ensuring the accurate processing of all write offs of unbillable time and disbursements and that all such requests are properly authorised in accordance with the firm’s authorisation limits as they might apply from time to time.
- Ensuring that all bills submitted for processing comply with all relevant VAT and Solicitor Account Rules
- Taking responsibility for all outstanding debts of assigned business division
- Pro-actively chasing clients by telephone and other means of communication to ensure invoices are promptly settled
- Keeping in regular contact with Partners and Fee Earners to ensure that they are following up on the queries as required
For a full breakdown of the role please download the PDF job description.