This is a newly created role to provide additional support to our Business Development colleagues as the firm implements new business plans focussing on five strategic areas of growth. The role of Research Executive will report to the Research & Information Services Manager.
As well as providing general legal research support, this role will have specific responsibility for supporting business development activities by researching and creating analysis in relation to the firm’s clients, key industry and business areas, targets, and competitors, in line with the firmwide business development.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Providing a proactive legal and business enquiry service to lawyers and staff firmwide, to support current (and potential) client transactions and matters, delivering fast and high quality information to all enquirers, using a variety of electronic and print resources
- Supporting business development activities across the firm’s key industry and practice areas
- Adding value when the firm is targeting new opportunities and in a variety of business development activities to actively support the winning of pitches
- Identifying and analysing trends in the firm’s key industry and practice areas
- Production of commercially focussed client and industry insight and reports, to support pitches, client relationship programmes, and business development activities
- Work output in the form reports, briefings, and analysis using a variety of internal and external resources including our Client Relationship Management database (CRM), our Practice Management System (PMS), public information sources, commercial databases, and social media sites.
For a full breakdown of the role please download the PDF job description.