Research Analyst - Private Capital Intelligence
The Private Capital Intelligence Research Analyst will play an integral part of a newly created team with the aim of creating and managing the most powerful and effective database of private capital in the UK legal sector (and ultimately as part of a larger team across the key global wealth hubs) to enable the Firm to search, target, win and manage the best client relationships and ultimately intelligently use high quality data to expand our understanding of our clients, their businesses and their ambitions.
The analyst must have a proven understanding of mining and managing data whilst also possessing an enquiring mindset that is motivated by spotting patterns, opportunities and matching people, events, business and assets.
The successful candidate will have the ability to work in a highly collaborative manner, frequently liaising with other parts of the business. The role will be critical in ensuring the success of the new team.
Role and Responsibilities (this is a broad but not exhaustive list)
- Identifying macro shifts in global wealth hubs (“horizon scanning”), by:
o using Wealth-X, InterAction and other data and news sources
o spotting gaps within the Firm’s own data
o scanning internet news and sector publications; scanning for life events
o liaising with Business Development team and existing Research team
- Subscribe to sources that spot wealth events (eg Wealth-X)
- Research and identify wealth opportunities in the world of private capital (UK and overseas) to enable the firm to make the most of new opportunities
- Search and target our intermediary relationships focusing on private offices, family offices and multi-family offices
- Profiling and targeting
- Ability to use the principles of data science, mining data, understanding resources available
- Mapping the activities of other law firms
- Providing supporting evidence to rumours in the market
- Previous experience working in a research analyst role is essential
- Educated to degree level preferred
- Experience in applied research or data management advantageous
- Knowledge of Wealth-X
- Have experience of using CRM systems, familiarity with data modelling software and Excel software
- Enjoy utilising and manipulating databases, including InterAction and IMO
- Ability to compile data sets, analysis and reports on a regular basis
- Have excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Be confident to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills
- Be confident in both verbal and written communication with a diverse range of clients
- Have a flexible approach and willing to go the extra mile
- Strong mathematical, analytical, and data modelling skills
- Excellent problem-solving, communication, and team-working skills
- Attention to detail and a strong analytical mind
- Full awareness of GDPR and how it applies to data being held and used
- Attention to detail
- Delivery focused
- Enquiring mind
For a detailed specification please download the job description in the documents section of this page.
Clicking 'apply' will direct you to the application tracking system, hosted for us by Reach-ATS.com.