Paralegal - Private Property
It is an exciting time to join Charles Russell Speechlys!
We are looking for a residential conveyancing paralegal to support our private property team. They may be involved in all non-contentious aspects of property management administration including licences to assign, licences to alter, deeds of covenant, as well as assisting solicitors undertaking property due diligence exercises, research, and providing the team with assistance acting for individuals financing, acquiring or disposing of UK residential property.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities (this is a broad but not exhaustive list)
• Assisting with general conveyancing matters (sales, purchases and financing) and being familiar with the conveyancing stages and
• Assisting with property management work including liaising with landlords, managing agents and tenant solicitors to deal with the lease
requirements on transfer, alterations and financing.
• Drafting property management licences and deeds and liaising with landlords, managing agents and tenant solicitors to agree the terms of
• Pre and Post-completion assistance (letters and notice of transfer and charge etc)
• Liaising with third party organisations such as Land Registry, local authorities, estate agents, and search providers (such as Searchflow)
• Conducting legal research on specialist points.
• Drafting completion and financial statements
• Preparing and submitting Stamp Duty Land Tax forms online
• Closing files and account balances
• Drafting basic conveyancing forms (TR1, AP1, DS1, RX1 etc)
• Using the Land Registry portal to submit applications, deal with requisitions, and obtain documentation and information.
• Administrative tasks including printing, copying, faxing and filing
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Responsible and proactive; takes initiative (though understanding the need to ask for guidance where uncertain)
• Extremely organised
• Ability to multi-task and prioritise