As a significant adviser to the international wealth management and financial services communities, we offer a unique dimension to clients and intermediaries from our Swiss offices.
Our particular strength is that we are able to offer wealthy individuals, family offices, private banks, fiduciaries and financial institutions an integrated private client, tax and commercial service to assist in the international structuring and protection of their wealth. We offer integrated Swiss, English and international law and tax advice.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Office Manager / Legal Secretary to join the Zurich office.
The role will be part time, approx. 80%, however the exact days of the week and hours will be agreed with the individual candidate. We are able to accommodate some flexibility in this regard.
Candidates should be fluent to a high level in English and German (oral and written).
The post holder will manage all the support requirements of the staff and partners in Zurich and have responsibility for liaising with the specialist support teams in London as well as the lawyers and secretaries in the London firm and Geneva branch. The role combines the office manager, PA and secretarial functions. Central document production is available within the firm.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Managing all incoming and outgoing communication, acting as the first point of contact for all incoming calls, sorting and distributing
post and facsimiles, responding to emails as requested and greeting clients as requested;
• Liaising with partners, fee earners and support staff in the Zurich office to ensure the operation of the business;
• Organising internal and external meetings, managing meeting rooms including refreshments and equipment as required. The post holder will also manage client enquiries and client requests for meetings;
Working as part of a small team, the successful candidate must have a “can do” attitude and be flexible and adaptable, covering a broad range of responsibilities.
• general administration and office management experience
• Legal secretarial experience gained within a small to medium sized law firm ;
• highly organised and capable of managing a broad range of responsibilities;
• conscientious and methodical with good attention to detail;
• good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels both internally and externally;
• discretion and an understanding of confidentiality issues;
The post holder needs to be IT literate and have the ability to embrace new systems quickly.
The following IT skills are required:
• advanced Word & Outlook experience including mail-merges, tables and complex formatting;
• experience with a document management system;
• dictation experience is required. Digital dictation experience would be an advantage;
• intermediate Excel and PowerPoint skills;
• knowledge of other IT systems packages.
For a detailed specification please download the job description in the documents section of this page.
Clicking 'apply' will direct you to the application tracking system, hosted for us by Reach-ATS.com.