IT Training Manager
The role of the IT Training Manager is to design and deliver a high quality and modern IT training experience for all staff and lawyers globally at Charles Russell Speechlys by incorporating a best practice and innovative training approach. It is to design and take ownership of the technology training strategy. We aim to provide leading training in the support of our lawyers and professional staff as an effective way to maximise their productivity and realise the investment the firm has made in technology.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities (this is a broad but not exhaustive list):
- Determine, deliver and communicate the IT training strategy. Project manage this to success with regular feedback loops.
- Identify and assess the training needs of the organisation through job analysis, career paths, competencies, the technology product set and consultation with managers
- Define and delegate work responsibilities to the Trainers in the group, setting timescales, goals and measuring actuals against required outcomes. Project manage the introduction of new training initiatives
- Ensuring the IT training function runs smoothly. Taking prompt action to meet customer needs and requests. Sharing regular information with the team and contributing to other managers meetings as necessary.
- Develop strong relationships and touch points with your customer base to ensure regular communication
- Building a training portfolio /curriculum to meet the specific business needs of individuals roles, group roles and products based on business (not technology) benefits
- Introduction of best practice training in a law firm setting. Understanding of successful introduction of change and team motivation techniques
- Knowledge of learning and development best practices
- A proven track record of training programme development and management
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Knowledge of typical law firm applications including PMS, document management system, Microsoft Office, document comparison tools, CRM and time recording an advantage
- Administration knowledge of course delivery platforms and booking systems
For a full breakdown of the role please download the PDF job description.