Charles Russell Speechlys works with clients in the UK and throughout the world. Our lawyers are based in 11 locations across the UK, Europe, the Middle East and Asia, through each of these locations, clients are able to access the full range of the Firm’s skills and expertise. We have an unusually broad range of skills and experience across the full spectrum of business and personal needs. This gives us a wider perspective, clear insight and a strongly commercial long-term view.
The Human Resources Administrator will work closely with the HR team to deliver effective HR operational support.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities (this is a broad but not exhaustive list):
- Preparation of documentation for changes in terms of employment and ensuring this information is accurately communicated to payroll within required deadlines.
- Keeping Open HR (HR Database) up to date with employee changes and assisting with annual updates, ensuring all data inputted is accurate.
- Assisting with tasks relating to our online appraisal system, Objective Manager.
- Ensuring invoices are correctly coded and sent to finance within the required timescales.
- Responding to mortgage/tenancy or former employee references within 48 hours of receipt.
- Monitoring when probationary periods are due to end, liaising with relevant managers and dealing with the relevant paperwork.
- Dealing with long service awards and Partner anniversaries.
- Dealing with document management – filing, scanning and archiving.
- Dealing with staff gifts such as flowers or baby gifts.
- Support the team with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) project.
- On-boarding for new starters including preparing offer letters, carrying out background checks, obtaining references, ensuring all new joiner forms are fully completed and chasing up where necessary, accurately recording all new joiner information on OpenHR to meet payroll deadlines and meeting new joiners on their first day of employment
- The ideal candidate must have administration experience and a desire to work within a Human Resources department.
- Previous administrative experience would be beneficial.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Highly motivated individual able to deal effectively with conflicting requirements
- Good communication skills and the ability to deal with high volumes of work under pressure, with consideration to the related deadlines.
- Pro-active team player with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
For a detailed specification please download the job description in the documents section of this page.
Clicking 'apply' will direct you to the application tracking system, hosted for us by Reach-ATS.com.