Financial Systems Technical Analyst
It is an exciting time to join Charles Russell Speechlys!
The Financial Systems Team maintains the Firm’s practice management system, 3E and all interfaces to and from the firm’s other key systems, contributing to the reporting of information from 3E.
The Finance Technical Analyst role will work within the Financial Systems team to continue building in-house customisation and improve the technical functionality of the firm’s practice management system, Elite 3E.
Having installed 3E recently, the firm is looking for a technically experienced individual to support the function effectively.
The role will report directly into the Financial Systems Manager and will work to drive forward its key objectives in order to ensure the firm benefits in full from the investment made in the PMS.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities (this is a broad but not exhaustive list):
• Architect performant, scalable and robust system solutions using VB.Net, SQL and XML technologies including XSLT.
• Work collaboratively with the team to comprehend requirements and ensure all technical aspects of the system are delivered as planned.
• Ability to communicate effectively while leading complex business and technical discussions with people at all levels of the firm.
• Support upskilling of other members within Finance Systems Team to improve effectiveness of the team in order to complete enhancement work in house.
• Ownership of enhancement and issues roadmap with the Financial Systems Manager to make sure business needs are achieved.
• Identify potential technical risks at the documentation and design stages and mitigate against them by understanding the context of a solution and highlighting the impact of design decisions on Elite 3E and other systems.
• Produce structured, reusable code that has been subjected to code review and quality control processes.
• Ensure development best practices and coding standards are enforced and enhanced.
• Liaise with external software suppliers (particularly Elite) to develop, implement and troubleshoot Elite 3E solutions and issues.
• Extensive experience using Microsoft tools and programming languages.
• Excellent knowledge of the .NET framework (Primarily VB.NET, C#train to VB.Net) and XML related technologies including XSLT and
• Strong background in database design, analysis and development.
• Ability to apply design patterns to create structured and efficient code.
• Previous experience in the Finance or Legal industry would be preferred.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio
• Experience in using Elite 3E IDE and EDG would be desirable.
• Microsoft SQL Power BI Reporting Services 2017 not essential, but would be ideal
• Experience of working with customisable 3rd party solutions
• Experience in using BizTalk & Intapp Integrate tools
• Knowledge of the following systems is desirable but not essential: ARCS, Intapp, Quantum, Evaluate, xCelerate, Chrome River, Reed & Mackay, iManage, Iron Mountain, Restore, SQL, SSR, SSIS
• Strong knowledge of software architecture and design and experience working in development of software.
• Analytical and inquisitive mind with ability to diagnose and resolve user queries.
• Quality orientation evidenced by attention to detail and high work standards.
For a detailed specification please download the job description in the documents section of this page.
Clicking 'apply' will direct you to the application tracking system, hosted for us by Reach-ATS.com.