Digital Learning Specialist
It is an exciting time to join Charles Russell Speechlys!
The Director of Information Technology has overall responsibility for the running of the Department and producing the IT strategy for the Firm.
The IT Department is divided into four sections;
- Applications Support
- Business Systems & Development
- Service Delivery, including Service Desk, Technology Training and Document Specialists.
The Service Delivery section provides Service Desk support and Technology training. The Technical Support section oversees and maintains the back-office structure, implements new technologies and acts as third-line support.
The Digital Learning Specialist will report to the Learning Technology Manager. The role is based in the London office however; there may be a requirement to visit all offices.
The other key liaison relationships are: -
- Head of Service Delivery
- Digital Learning Manager
- Director of IT
The role of the Digital Learning Specialist is to design and create innovative online learning content to educate the firm on a range of software solutions. The focus of the eLearning will be to demonstrate how available technology can benefit busy lawyers and support staff by increasing productivity.
Reporting directly to the Learning Technology Manager the Digital Learning Specialist will be solely responsible for developing digital learning materials as part of the team’s new strategic plan. The successful candidate will be passionate about eLearning and have the knowledge and enthusiasm to ensure that the firm embraces the move from traditional classroom training to digital learning content.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities (this is a broad but not exhaustive list)
- Design, script and create engaging, innovative and exciting bite-sized e- learning videos using existing classroom training material as well as developing content from scratch
- Convert existing classroom workbooks, Quick Reference Guides and course material into digital learning
- Observe classroom training in order to understand and convert course content to eLearning
- Liaise with a variety of stakeholders to ensure that eLearning effectively communicates key messages, processes and technical instruction to employees
- Ensure that digital learning focuses on the benefits that software systems bring to the business
- Provide regular progress updates to the Learning Techology Manager and other key stakeholders
- Effectively manage and prioritise a range of simultaneous projects
- Implement creative eLearning solutions that adhering to best practice learning methodology
- Use a variety of techniques to assess learning
- Transfer SCORM compliant eLearning material onto the firm’s Learning Management System (Cornerstone LMS)
- Experience of creating and deploying mLearning
- Provide training to the existing Technology Training Team so that they can assist in future eLearning production
- Ability to convey technical information to non-technical staff via eLearning, simulations and video content
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with the ability to meet deadlines and be responsive to staff needs
- Ability to think and work independently, and as part of a team and to take responsibility
- Excellent communication skills Strong design skills
- Good interpersonal skills, working closely with people at all levels in the firm as well as colleagues in the IT team
- Be adaptable to changing requirements and technologies with the ability to assimilate new packages when required
- Flexible approach to working
- Highly motivated and methodical
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Experience of producing digital learning material in a legal environment (advantageous)
- Proven experience in designing, implementing and evaluating e-learning programmes
- Experience of documenting storyboarding and scripting eLearning
- Ability to create a variety of digital media including, video, animation (2D and/or 3D) and technical eLearning simulations
- Experience of creating 2D animation using software such as Vyond
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Captivate and Adobe Photoshop
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Premiere to edit video, and remove green screen backgrounds using chroma keying
- Experience of filming creative video content using DSLR cameras, green screens and lighting
- Knowledge of working with a Learning Management System and successfully deploying eLearning. A knowledge of Cornerstone LMS will be an advantage.
- Experience of creating engaging eLearning content to explain how to use legal software applications; iManage Document Management System, IntApp Time. Elite 3E and DocXTools (advantageous)
For a detailed specification please download the job description in the documents section of this page.
Clicking 'apply' will direct you to the application tracking system, hosted for us by Reach-ATS.com.