Corporate Restructuring and Insolvency Associate (NQ to 2 PQE)
The team has specialist expertise in all aspects of CRI, with services including:
- Restructuring of solvent and insolvent companies
- Pre-formal insolvency advice and planning
- Advice on directors’ duties and liabilities in relation to distressed or insolvent companies
- Formal insolvencies, including administrations, liquidations (solvent or insolvent) and bankruptcies
- Security reviews on existing or proposed loans
- Strategic acquisitions of insolvent businesses and assets from insolvency practitioners
- Advice to investors in distressed or insolvent companies
- Litigation and recovery actions
- Asset tracing
- Directors’ disqualification proceedings
- LPA Receiverships, and
- Cross-border insolvency and COMI issues
The CRI team carries out the full range of contentious and non-contentious insolvency work. We act for insolvency practitioners, lenders and financial institutions, companies, directors, creditors and stakeholders.
Our UK-based practice has a significant international element to it, covering Europe, the Caribbean and the US.
Role and Responsibilities (this is a broad but not exhaustive list)
Roles and Responsibilities
- Drafting and managing documents.
- Assisting the team with all stages of contentious insolvency matters including general case management.
- Providing advice on restructuring and enforcement options to directors, companies, lenders and other stakeholders.
- Liaising with stakeholders (e.g., clients, counsel, and other firms).
- Managing matters with supervision.
- Actively engaging in business development and knowledge management.
- Comply with all relevant legal and regulatory obligations including the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) Standards and Regulations, and Principles.
- Have a strong academic background and excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Have trained with a large regional commercial practice or City firm.
- Have experience of both contentious and non-contentious insolvency matters, both corporate and personal (although candidates with experience of one or more of these areas of focus will be considered).
- Be technically excellent.
- Be willing to take on early responsibility and opportunities to develop client relationships.
- Be a personable team player and willing to work as part of teams based in different locations.
- Strong organisational skills
- Effective, sound decision making and problem solving skills
- High degree of accuracy/attention to detail
For a detailed specification please download the job description in the documents section of this page.
Clicking 'apply' will direct you to the application tracking system, hosted for us by Reach-ATS.com.
When we require external assistance with our vacancies, we will reach out to our PSL supply chain. Please be aware we operate a very strict PSL policy with close relationships with our suppliers and cannot respond to agencies outside of the PSL. We also do not accept speculative CVs as an introduction. Please do not contact individual hiring managers or the Talent Acquisition team.